THIS IS NOT AN UPDATE...

I would like to take a moment to honor John Mccain and his life of service.

He served our nation through thick and thin...going out into the battlefield to protect our nation. He fought every moment of his life for what he cared about, what he believed in.

We might as well say he was a person who greatly influenced politics.

But that's not what I'm here for, to talk about politics...I'm here to honor his legacy.

He was a good man, even if I didn't know him personally, he touched the hearts of all Americans through his passing, and showed each of us what it really means to fight, fight for what he truly wants.

He once said, "Nothing in life is more liberating than to fight for a cause larger than yourself, something that encompasses you but is not defined by your existence alone."

He did this, and he showed us what it means to fight. Even if something shoots you down, even if something is holding you back, which is in his case cancer, you fight with all you've got, you fight until you know there is no light at the end of the tunnel, then you stop and think, no I have more fight left in me, then you fight and fight again, and before you know it you're there. You reach the light, but no you don't stop there, you go back and pull others out of the tunnel who need a little extra help, a little extra push. And that makes all the difference.

I also wanted to share another empowering quote he made: "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the capacity to act despite our fears."

John Mccain had courage until the very end, he had courage despite others who tried to bring him down, or didn't agree with him. He stood his ground because he believed what he stood for was right, and once you believe that, you have the whole world at your fingertips.

I meant for this to be short, and long at the same time, but I want to wrap it up with one last quote from him:

 "So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their view, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and its purpose in the service of your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide. Always give a word or a sign of salute when meeting or passing a friend, even a stranger, when in a lonely place. Show respect to all people and grovel to none. When you arise in the morning give thanks for the food and the joy of living. If you see no reason for giving thanks, the fault lies only in yourself. Abuse no one and no thing, for abuse turns the wise ones to fools and robs the spirit of vision. When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home."   

Amen.

Rest in peace

~Starlight87