|CHAPTER 15|

***NOT EDITED***

[RECAP]:

"Wait!" I called out.

He turned around, looking at me expectangly.

"Thank you." I said and reached up to kiss him on the cheek.

His cheeks tinged red, "Y-Y-You're welcome." he stuttered.

Mr. Collins cleared his throat, "Goodnight Ms.Diamond."

"Night."

*

The next day, I woke up with my legs feeling a little sore. I quickly carried my sore legs into the shower, turning on the heat.

After several long minutes, I hopped out the shower, grabbing a towel to clean myself off and tied it around my body, walking back to the bedroom to get my clothes. After finding a suitable outfit, I put it on and grabbed my purse, phone and car keys, and headed out my apartment.

Wincing a bit as I started walking, I quickly dashed back inside and changed my heels for flats. I walked out my apartment once more, heading to my car. I got in tossing my head back onto the headrest and letting out a long sigh.

I had a feeling today was going to be a long day.

*

When I arrived at the workplace, everywhere was quiet. The usual busy workplace, with people scuffling around was gone, even the lady I usually waved too.

Confused I entered the elevator and immediately brought my phone out. I checked out my calendar; Yep, today was not a holiday, so why the missing people? I would have to ask Mr.Collins.

Finally, the elevator doors opened, I walked out onto the floor, and Mr.Collins door was open.

Wait open? He never leaves his door open.

Hesitantly I knocked on his ajar door, entering inside. 

"Mr.Collins?"

When I entered the room, I found no one there. I frowned, looking behind the door to make sure he wasn't hiding or anything.

I slowly backed away, leaving the door slightly ajar, and hurried into my office. I was just going to grab the necessary files and head home, Collins Enterprises looked like it was starring in the movie Ghost Town.

I opened the door, finding someone already seated in my office chair. 

"Excuse me? Mr.Collins is that you?"

I stayed near the door, ready to run in case of danger.

The chair turned around, to reveal Mr.Collins. I immediately let out a sigh, "Mr. Collins can I help you with something?"

"Oh there you are, get these files listed," he stood up from the chair, and in three long strides he was standing in front of me, "and meet me downstairs."

He pushed the paper into my hand and brushed past me out into the hallway. I quickly dropped to my knees and found the files he needed. Hurrying back to the elevator, I stashed the files under my arm and quickly pressed back to the first floor.

When I got to the first floor, Mr.Collins had a phone pressed to his ear and he was speaking another language. He didn't appear to see me and as I neared him, I heard him say the words:

"Ci saremo." 

As soon as he said those words he spun around, his eyes narrowed in on me.