Date Night

Woahoho it's been a while my dudes. So I'm gonna make like Mulan and get down to business.

Lesley's POV

It was 6:00 and the kids were all in their tents I had everything I needed for the camp away from camp. David was just coming out of his cabin.

"All set?" 

"Yep! Golly, I almost forgot we had to stop off in town for a bit to grab a few things." He said, lugging his bag out.

"Well the quicker we get there the better." 

We both walked out to his car and loaded our stuff in. It was a long and quiet drive until he broke the silence. "So what cheese is your  favorite Lesley?" He turned to me breaking the silence.

"Uhhhh mozzarella...hehe." I nervously chuckled. He just had to remind me. I started to think about that love charm. Would I really have to use it? Would it even work? Do I even need it? Has he even kissed anyone before? As fast fast as that thought ran out of my mind was as fast as it came out. His face went a deep red. 

"N-no...." He turned to me for a second. 

My heart skipped a beat. Is he serious?! He has to be like 24 or something! How has he not?! My face showed my thoughts and he saw, so he spoke up.

"I guess I never got the chance to. Girls either thought I was gay or just didn't think I was kissing material... I don't know, but I guess it doesn't matter right now," He perked up, " it's time to get some supplies for the camp tonight!" David parked the car and hopped out and I trudged behind him.

I let what he said run through my mind a few times and I felt bad for him. If only I was there when you were a kid....

He took his time with the supplies, examining the detail on each item, as I did the same to him. He was so cute. I continued to stare.

He chuckled " If you take a picture it will last longer. Do I have something on my face?" He turned to my and smirked.

When I was about to speak the store clerk walked by. "Sir, we're about to close up. May you and your girlfriend hurry? It's getting late."

We both jumped to the word "girlfriend".  But David just shook it off and agreed.

As we headed out of the store David started describing this small, private campsite that's his favorite. He described it in such height praise it was almost adorable. "You know you're really cute when you speak about something so passionately." 

He stopped and turned to me, and the smiled brightly. "Well thank you Lesley." 

Why are guys so blind?

We sat through another half an hour of silence in the car until the silence was broken once again.  "Hey Les?"

"Yes?" I answer a little too quickly.

"I know you only came here yesterday," YES YES YES he's gonna say it! , " but I feel like you're already really close to me," OKAYYYYY , "because you're so nice!" 

...FUCK.

"I hope this turns out to be a fun night Lesley, just you and me." David added. 

"Yeah... me too." I looked down dissatisfied with his words.

~~~~~~~~~

Sorry guys I kind of just put my feels into this one. Being friend zoned sucks anus😞

Thanks for reading so far guys❤️