Meanwhile

Lesley's POV 

Me and David were sitting across from each other in front of the fire he made. There was nothing but the occasional breeze blowing on our backs, the fire's heat radiating onto our faces and the awkward silence. Not knowing what to say, I kept  on mindlessly snacking on the Cheez-Its I had bought for the both of us. I looked up and our eyes met, making me even more nervous. His eyes gazing back into mine.

How long was he staring at me stuff my face?!

I slowly stop to crunch and look back at him. ".... Want some?"

His distant look broke as he giggled. "Gee, you sure like those things." He scooted closer to me making my heart race. He started to lean in while smiling . At this point I wasn't thinking anymore so I leaned in with him. Everything seemed to be going in slow motion. But I was cut off  with him pulling a guitar out of nowhere as he asked "Would you like to sing a song?" with his smile spread out across his cheeks.

"...s-sure." I tried to recollect myself. He started to sing a heartwarming tune that was meant for two people to sing. So I sang along as he urged me to and it was damn beautiful as we each sang our hearts out on the high part. 

After the song, we laughed. For no exact reason, but we did and it was the best laugh I had. 

To end the night, we sat in silence again. Until I decided it was time to crawl into my tent. I got up from my seat and strolled to my tent. But David grabbed my arm and tugged lightly, indicating for me to sit down next to him. As I sit down I turn to him, and he's staring blankly at the fire. After a couple seconds, he returns my gaze. 

"Lesley, right now I was just thinking, I've heard the kids talk today and yesterday about us." My face got red. "I know i may act innocent and blind to what they mean, but I'm not. I guess what I'm trying to say is that... I really do like you, and by the way you act, I can see it too." There is no possible way my face can get any hotter. "I actually would love to be with you but can we give it some time? I mean you have only been here for two days."

For a few seconds, I felt my smile grow and grow. "Of course! Let's take it slow. I agree." 

And so that's how the night ended, with a hug and a goodnight.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Heyo thanks again for reading ❤️