Sittin in a tree

"When life gets messy, cry your fucking eyes out, bitch."

                                                                                                                                 -Me

Y/n's POV 

We were all sitting in the benches watching as Preston monologues on stage. "Don't do it! I love you too much! He's a 64 year old janitor and you're an eighth grader. This will not help you in the future!" Preston finishes. "Scene. Now wasn't that heartfelt and full of emotion?"

"Just seemed full of shit to me." Neil rolled his eyes. 

"Shut the hell up, you peasant!" Preston shot back. 

Well this is stupid. Neil and Preston's argument got heated and eventually David and Gwen had to hold them back. I felt a tug on my sleeve and turn to see Max. His eyes dart toward the woods, indicating me to follow him. I hop off the chair trying not to draw any attention to myself and sneak away with him in front.

It's been a while and I have no idea where we are going. My feet start to hurt as most of the sunlight gets blocked off from the thickness of the trees, making it seem darker. I stop and ask where we're going.

"Here." Max stops in front of a fairly large tree. He takes ahold onto low branch, then another, and another, and another, until he is high up to where I can just barely see him. I wait a few moments until I hear his voice a few branches higher from where I last saw him. "Are you coming up?"

I start up to where I hear him, I see him sitting in what looks like a low budget tree house. "Whoa! W- where did you get the time to do this?" I crawl over to him.

"Last night, I didn't really get any sleep for some reason and so I took a walk. And I just looked at this tree and thought of you." He glances at me. "Not that way. Just.... I don't know-whatever. It's stupid." He turns away.

"No, no it isn't stupid." I get closer, "It's amazing! I love it." I smile. It seemed like I only blinked for a second when I felt his lips pressed up against mine. I open my eyes and see his closed, so I slowly shut mine back up. The kiss was more passionate than last night. I could have stayed like that forever but we let go for the sake of breathing. 

My body was numb and heated at the same time as I looked up at him, sitting across from me, staring back at me.

"Oooohohohohohooooo! That was awesome! You two should do it again!" I swing my body around to face whoever said that. It was Nikki......and Lesley. Lesly only smirked and stared dead into my eyes while Nikki sang. "Y/n and Max, sittin in a tree. K-I-S-S-I-N-G! First comes love, then comes marriage then c-"

I stopped her from saying the last part as Lesley climbed in and laughed. "Wow, this is nice! So are you two like a couple now?" Lesly sat next to us looking for an answer in our faces. Both of our faces read the same thing. Get the fuck out. 

Nikki joined us and crawled around the "treehouse". I look over and see Max's face getting worried. "Guys I only made this last night and it's not very strong." He says nervously. After that was said everyone went quiet as we heard a cracking sound, it became louder until there was more cracking sounds and those cracking sounds became louder until the wood disappeared from under us and we all went falling.

For what seemed like a few seconds, all you could hear was us screaming. It all ended with a thud and the wind was knocked out of me. 

I opened my eyes and look over at Lesley in Daniel's arms like he was there the whole time. "Hey kids what happened?" He said with a crooked smile. 

Max got up and rubbed his head. "Where the he'll did you come from?"

"Well from the camp of course!" His grin grew wider looking at my sister knocked out in his arms. "Let's go back to camp so I can lay Lesley down and take care of her." He said walking away from us.