Chapter 31 : Guess She's Right.

(NOT EDITED)

Please read the A/N in the end.

Chapter 31 : Guess She's Right.

*Emily’s POV*

“Oh god Em! You should have seen your face!”

“Ha ha. Can you drive now?”

So basically when Eric and Ethan came and sat down next to me Ron didn’t quite like it. Then they got into a verbal fight which soon turned into a physical fight. Punches and kicks flew from both the direction. Justin tried stopping them but ended up with a black eye. The three of them didn’t stop until our head teacher came and gave them a detention an hour after school for the whole week and sent them home.

All I did was sit there and see the show, you don’t always get to see three boys fighting for you, right?

Anyways, later after school I saw Ethan in the parking lot with Ron talking about something. And for once they were not fighting or trying to kill each other, they seemed calm which was very shocking to me. I grabbed Alex’s arm and took quiet steps closer to them so I could eavesdrop. That’s when Eric came in from behind and we got busted. And the face that Alex was talking about was my face when we got busted. While my eyes went wide with horror, she laughed on top of her voice. Even Ethan and Ron saw us because she was that loud!

They started walking towards us when I caught a hold of Alex’s arm and ran towards her car. Currently I am sitting in Alex’s car and she is yet laughing. Times I feel like killing her.

She finally decides to stop laughing and pulls out of the parking lot.

“So, did you buy a prom dress yet?” she asking taking a left turn.

“Yeah, um, no actually. Uh, I have this dress mom gifted me last year...”

“Wait. You mean,  you want to wear the dress your mom gifted to you?” she asks with a completely shocked expression.

“Yeah I guess.” I shrug. “It’s the only gift I’ve ever received from her.”

“Em, You can deny how much you want, but you still love her..” she says and pats my shoulder.

“Yeah, I guess?”

After that we don’t speak. Silence takes over, but it’s not some awkward kind of silence. It’s comfortable to be silent among people you trust, it gives you time to think and clear all your mind.

5 minutes later we pull into my driveway and Alex breaks the silence with a question that puts me into thoughts again.

“Don’t you think it’s high time you forgive her? I mean, After Travis you’re the only one child she has. You don’t want to take that away from her, do you?”

All I do is nod and leave the car.

*Ron’s POV*

“Look what you’ve done, you little shit!”

“What!? Me? Bro you shitting me!?”

“Calm your horses. Emily is going to be pissed off on me!” I say giving them both a i-will-seriously-kill-you stare. And surprisingly both of them shut up.

“Look Ron, I didn’t mean all this to happen okay, I just want us to be friends again.” Eric says raising his fist up for a fist bump like we always used to.

“Sorry mate, not gonna happen” I say and brush past both of them, but they follow me.

As we reach near my car, I hear Ethan asking Eric to get something for us to drink. I turn around and see he is leaning on another car right next to mine. “What do you want?” I ask searching my pockets for me keys.