Chapter 26 - I'll Never Leave

Okay, so since I apparently haven't made myself clear enough on the topic previously, I'll be bringing it up here. No, sweeties, there will not be a single lemon in this story or any I have ever intended to write. So keep your pants on, okay? ^^
That said, get ready for things to go down in this chapter, guys~

I apologize for any grammar errors that I have made! Please read and review!
Disclaimer: Sorry but no. Hiro and Tite, Mashima and Kubo. Those two heroes are the ones who created Fairy Tail and Bleach, such god-like stories. I'm just borrowing them.

__________________________________

Ichigo looked up at the blonde Arrancar like a lost kitten would. "What...?" Was all he could reply to her declaration of the end of their battle.

She sighed lightly. "You lost control of yourself, Ichigo." She told him. As soon as she'd seen that mask of his extend the way it had, she'd been on her toes. There had been several times she'd been just about ready to charge in and stop the both of them, but then Grimmjow managed to push him back again. The final time, she could see the resignation in his body though, so she knew it had been her time to shine.

But damn it if she hadn't been scared for him every single damn time. Her heart had leaped and skipped a whole beat every time it looked like Ichigo would stab his eye out. The relief every time he'd avoided it had no doubt been obvious on her face even from a mile away.

She turned and looked down at the currently fallen Espada. Just the fact that he wasn't event trying to stand up was more than enough confirmation for her that the last blow had been a really damn bad one He'd always made sure to stand up straight in front of an opponent - never showing any weakness like he was now. He was hurt that bad.

But well, you didn't even have to know him to know that - it was obvious with all the many wounds scattered all over him. He was quite literally lying in a steadily growing pool of his own blood. There was not a single patch of his bared skin which wasn't covered in blood - both his own and Ichigo's she had to hope. The stark contrast of it to his white clothes just made it worse.

Even so, she already knew he wouldn't let her heal him in front of those two right now - his pride wouldn't allow for it.

"Which of us won, then?" Ichigo slowly asked as he struggled to sit up. Funny he even felt the need to ask when he could look right over at Grimmjow and see the outcome for himself. He wasn't without injury himself, sure, but it really couldn't be compared.

She kneeled down next to Grimmjow and gently pulled one of his arms around her neck, all while completely ignoring the would-be Shinigami.

Grimmjow groaned as she pulled him up into a sitting position. Despite that, he still had the energy to give the human a pissed glare. "None of us did, you fucking dumbass." He growled as pain no doubt washed through him. It always magnified whenever the battle would end. While Ichigo looked shocked and - once gain - confused about that, Lucy pulled Grimmjow to his feet despite the groan. She would have healed him before doing this, but he honestly wouldn't let her. "Thanks, Kitten." He somehow managed to breathe out.

She smiled lightly at him though worry gnawed at the back of her head. He definitely broke his back this time... The faster she could get some Hollow in him, the better. "No problem." She lightly replied.

Orihime appeared next to Ichigo, who had worked himself on his feet already. She looked her friend over before turning to the two Arrancar across from her. "Do you... Need any help?" She slowly asked them.

From the way her reiatsu was acting, Lucy had to guess she meant with healing. The blonde shook her head gently, making sure not to rustle the one hanging over her shoulders. "No thank you, Orihime." She smiled at the girl. That girl really didn't have a single evil bone in her. The girl looked about ready to protest, so Lucy took the word again. "We'll be fine, don't worry." She reassured the girl, using her reiatsu and magic to create a near-invisible tendril of energy to pick Grimmjow's zanpakuto up and re-sheathe it as if to prove her point. The little trick seemed to completely awe the two gingers. "Just focus on yourselves." She elaborated.