February 14th, 2018

Author

"Good Morning, me little Valentine." Cheryl saw her daughter sitting up in bed as she slowly opened her daughter's bedroom door.  She smiled wide as Melanie threw her hair back into a ponytail and wiped the sleep out of her eyes.

"Did you just wake up?" The mother asked and sat down next to her daughter.  She stroked the back of her head, running her hands through the curled ponytail.

"Yeah." The teen yawned as she spoke and smiled at her mother.  Cheryl laid down under the duvet, feeling cold all of a sudden.

"Can we have Valentine's cuddles?" Cheryl asked and her lips shaped to a pout.  Melanie giggled and cuddled next to her Mam, loving the way today is already going.

"You have any plans?" Cheryl asked her daughter, realizing that Camille is growing up and may have a date for tonight.

"Not sure, maybe the girls will want to hang out." Melanie said and looked up at her mother "Do you?" She asked back and Cheryl averted her eyes away from her daughter's gaze.

"Yes," Cheryl smiled and Melanie saw how dazed she looks.  The genuine love towards Liam from her mother is something that Melanie has seen before and it scares her.  Melanie has seen Cheryl quickly fall in love before and she would hate to see the same heartbreak happen over again.  Luckily, Melanie feels good about Liam, he could definitely be the one.

Melanie leaned over to get her phone off the bedside table, checking her social media.  She then went to her messages and answered a few from her friends, then found a message she wasn't expecting.  She smiled, messaging back quickly.

The teen put her phone in her pyjama pants pocket and got out of bed

The teen put her phone in her pyjama pants pocket and got out of bed.  She went downstairs, seeing what her mother made for breakfast.  Cheryl sent her straight to the outside table, deciding that breakfast outside sounded like a good idea.

The teen walked out to the big back garden and looked up at the bright sun.  She felt a nice breeze come through and sat down at a seat.  With the wind blowing her hair and the crisp air tingling her skin, she felt good.  She felt at peace and felt a gut feeling that it's going to be the best Valentine's Day yet.

"Here you are, gorgeous." Cheryl handed her daughter a plate and she noticed that she had made heart-shaped pancakes.  There were bacon and beans on toast as well, all of her favourites.

"Thank you, Mamma." Melanie smiled and gave her mother a kiss on the cheek.  Today is all about love, giving and receiving it.  Today is about giving her mother kisses, hugs, cuddles, and all receiving it all in return.

"Is it good?" Cheryl asked as she watched her daughter eat the beautiful breakfast.  Melanie nodded with a smile on her face and a mouthful of toast.  Cheryl giggled and got a napkin, wiping the bits of food off the side of her daughter's mouth.