CHAPTER ONE.

Ten years later

I must be the luckiest woman on earth. I'm only 28 and I've got it all, a career as a CEO at one the biggest company in LA, a beautiful wife and one beautiful baby who's 3 today.

Today was a special day and i wasn't about to spend it at work.
I didn't tell the two women of my life that I took the day off to surprise them nor did I mention that I actually organized a party for my little one with all of her little friends and that I manage to rent a park for the day.

I was going through the entire planning and my assistante was there to help me through the day.

I drove to the park and got out of the car with Jess.

"- Jess, is everything set? The cake and I hope you remembered no princess..-

-I know, Alice, I went through everything, no princess because Amy is the only princess today.

-Exactly! You're the best, thank you so much for helping me setting this up."

She smiled at me and I went around to see the pink setting, I had never been the pink type but since it was Amy's favorite color, I went with pink, anything for my baby girl.
Money wasn't an issue for my family and if I could make them happy, I would definitely do it.

They would normally arrive here in an hour and I was extremely nervous. I know they had planned on coming here to eat ice creams because they had the best vegan ice cream around here but I'm pretty sure they wouldn't expect to see this.

I waited with Jess as we arranged everything and as people started gathering the area, I received a message saying they were near.

I got up from the bench I was sitting on and started walking to the entry of the park. I saw a petite figure next to my beautiful wife and smiled widely as Amy ran towards me.

"- Mommy! You're here!

-I wouldn't miss my princess's birthday, would I?"

I heard her giggle in my ear and I hugged her with pure happiness, she was the sunshine of my life and I couldn't express how much she meant to me, I held her for nine months in my belly and I couldn't explain the relief and the happiness it was to have in my arms.

"-Happy birthday"

Some confettis were thrown our way and she ran around the park with the goofiest smile on her face. She was genuinely happy and i couldn't help but smile at the sight.

I felt an arm surround me and I smile as I recognized the smell of my wife. I hugged her and placed a kiss on her cheek before staring into her beautiful eyes.

"- You're gorgeous."

I said it truthfully, her piercing blue eyes were staring right through me. I can't believe I married this beautiful woman, Sam Moore who gave me her name.

I slowly kissed her with a dorky smile on my lips, after 5 years, she still gives me butterflies. I can't believe I got this lucky in life. There's so many people who get married and everything turns sad and pathetic but with Sam, we managed to stay in love and I was only growing closer to her each and every day, not knowing it was even possible. That's what you get from marrying your best friend.

I turned around after pulling away from her lips, my hand resting in hers as we walked to the center of the park where Amy was now having fun with her friends. The thought of having all my loved ones around me warmed my heart.
I spotted Drew playing with Amy as carter, his son, was laughing at him. Over time I grew closer to Drew until he became my best friend, we would do everything together, he was my best man at my marriage and I was his at his marriage with his beautiful husband, Lucas.