CHAPTER EIGHTEEN.

the day after

we were getting ready with Amy and Demi to leave. I was finally getting my life together and it was truly fulfilling to know that where I was right now was probably the happiest I had been in a long time. 

It would not be easy to let it all go and to just change everything that I had been used to but I was willing to make an effort. For Amy, for Demi, for me. What happened with Sam was one hell of a chapter and I would never forget how much love I have had for her but it was time for me to move on. To get on with my life and to start again.

I would never forgive Sam for what happened, but I will learn to forgive myself from hurting everyone. I will learn to be happy for me. 

All the bags were in the car when I looked at Amy, her excitement could not be contained and she literally jumped everywhere until she sat in the car, waiting for Demi and I. I told her to wait a minute as Demi was still inside, closing the door of her apartment. 

"Excited much? Tell me she does sleep sometimes.", Demetria said with a laugh and I could not help but smile and nod. 

She was extremely beautiful. She was happy and careless. She noticed my gaze and blushed a little. I reached to her and cupped her face with my hands, looking deeply into those gorgeous eyes. I felt complete, although I still had a lot of work to do, this was where I was supposed to be, and I knew it. 

"I love you, Demetria.", I said in the most truthful way I could. 

I closed the gap between our lips and kissed her with as much love and passion that I could possibly find in my body. After what felt like an eternity we pulled back and she smiled so purely at me, with love and respect. 

"I love you, endlessly.", she said before placing a soft kiss on my forehead.

Have you ever heard that forehead kisses were like the softest way to give someone the impression that they are safe? Well, it could not be more true. In this exact moment, I felt the safest I had ever felt. 

We made our way to the car and started driving towards the airport. The drive was quick and we quickly got to the plane, everything went smoothly and it felt truly weird because I felt no guilt, no pain, nothing but love and happiness. It was as if I had forgotten everything that went wrong in the last months. We watched a movie on the plane with Amy and Demi and Amy quickly fell asleep, leaving Demi and I, cuddling against one another. I was resting my head against her chest and she was surrounding me with her loving arms. I turned to look at her and kissed her cheek so slowly. 
It really felt good to be able to do all this without having Sam in my mind. It really felt good to just do everything that I have been willing to do for so long but forbid myself from doing. 

I fell asleep in Demi's arms and woke up about an hour later to Demi's soft caresses as we were planning on landing soon. I put Amy's seat belt back on as she was still fast asleep and held Dems' hand before letting my lips lay a soft kiss on it. I could feel her gaze on me as she was smiling at the gesture. 

"We're going to stay at the hotel tonight, my parents are not very keen to have you coming around tonight. They still need some time to process it all but do not worry, it'll all be fixed by tomorrow morning.", she said while looking at my in the eyes. 

I nodded and we exited the airport. A few fans met us at the exit and I immediately took Amy in my arms, hiding her face to prevent any problem. I did not have a problem with my face being linked to Demi but I would never forgive myself if Amy was dragged into this as well. 

We took a cab to the hotel and went to our two bedrooms suit. Amy was already running everywhere as it was almost 4pm and she was starting to get hungry. We went to buy some treats and got back into the hotel room to eat them. Everything was truly perfect, nothing could go wrong today. I could not talk about tomorrow but at least for today, I knew that we were fine and I knew that everything I needed was right here with me.