CHAPTER TEN.

Four months later

(playing now- Isabella by Isaac Delusion)

Summer was already starting, time to get out and enjoy the heat. Things had gone quite smoothly for the last four months compared to the previous week. Sam and I had worked on our relationship, went to a therapist and we had given ourselves a few months to work things out before thinking about divorce.

We didn't want to let Amy go through it without understanding so we talked things through with her first, we told her that time would tell what would happen but that it sometimes happen to parents, they fall out of love. We were drifting apart and we could feel it but we weren't ready to let go just yet.

It was hard, letting go. Even for me. A lot of tears were involved on both sides but there was no way we could ever be as happy as we used to be, now. Amy would be better with the both of us being happy and living our best lives.

On the bright side of those last four months, Demetria and me had bonded. She was fully recovered and was actually leaving the center today. It was the exact reason why I was waiting in front of the center, for the last time. She had improved herself and she was better, better than before, even better than when I first met her at that school. She was confident and happy.
She knew exactly her purpose here and although she had some bad days, she was mentally stable and she had some medications to help deal with her bipolarity disorder.

I knew it wouldn't be easy everyday but I trusted her enough to try to make it work, even when it was hard.
I got out of the car and made my way through the well known entrance, I actually had a little VIP tour with Demi when she started to actually like the place, realizing they were helping her. I greeted the secretary as he greeted me first and I walked to the main room where Demi was giving everyone hugs. She had a huge smile on her face but also tears on her cheeks, I knew it was a good thing.

She knew they helped her and she was grateful that's what this was all about. Her eyes met mine as I was leaning against the door frame and her eyes lit up, like every time she laid eyes on me. A smile grew on my face as she said goodbye one last time and walked to me. I welcomed her with open arms and hugged her tightly.

"I'm proud of you, Dems." I said with emotion, it was an overwhelming feeling to see her being healthy and finally out of here. This place brought her a lot of good things but her being out was a huge step forwards.

She smiled widely before we walked out, careless and smiling like dorks.

We had planned to go on a little road trip from the center back to Detroit before going back to LA and I couldn't wait. Nothing physical had happened between me and Demetria but our psychological bond was growing and we were a lot closer than we used to.

I made my way into the car with Demi. I looked up at the blue sky and I exhaled before looking at Demi with a soft smile.

"Let's do this..." her raspy voice resonated in my ears and I bite my lip a little. It was clear that even with puffy eyes from crying and no makeup she was extremely attractive. I could tell she was genuinely happy right now, she had a different aura than when we first dated and it was refreshing to see her this way.

We drove for a few hours before stopping at our first stop, Allentown. We would spend the night there before leaving tomorrow morning for Harrisburg than Pittsburg, Cleveland and finally Detroit. We had planned a three days trip and it was exciting.

We parked in front of the hotel we had rented and we entered it with our luggages.
We were greeted by someone who obviously knew Demi as I saw their eyes lit up as soon as they saw her. The dark skinned woman couldn't stop smiling and she got us our keys for the room before getting us up to our room.