CHAPTER NINE.

Four days later

It was finally Saturday and I couldn't wait to get the hell out of LA. Things had been tensed and all Sam and I would do was throwing all our tension into sex, it was fun, but it was getting tiring, we wouldn't even talk like we used to and Amy was away most of the day, at kindergarten or at Drew's. I was just happy that I would be away and that on Monday everything will go back to being normal.

I'd spend this amazing weekend with Demi and on Monday I'll go back to my daily life at the office which I miss a lot.
I had been away, thinking I'd spend time with Sam but that was an awful idea.

I hate to say it but... our marriage is turning into a nightmare.

I loved her and I still do but it wasn't the same, not since she started being obsessed with me leaving her for demi and her announcing that she had lied to me about being able to have a baby (cause she had never mentioned that she had surgery in the last years).

I was happy that I could go to Demi and honestly I wouldn't feel guilty if anything was to happen. I wouldn't let it happen completely but I knew that whatever I was feeling for Demetria was growing and the love I had for Sam was slowly turning into something more... friendly than anything, she was my best friend after all.

I heard the door open and the driver let me out of the car in front of the center. I walked my way through the familiar building and smiled at the little brunette that was already waiting for me.

"Thanks for being here, miss Moore. She's been really down and the only thing keeping her from giving up was... you." She said with some kind of sympathy in her voice.
I smiled and she left me alone in the hallway, I checked my phone.
I had received many mails but not a single text from Sam. She hadn't texted me at all, which was weird because she'd always ask me if I landed and such when I'd take a plane but she didn't seem to care enough this time.

I was pushed out of my thoughts by the sound of heels against the hard cold floor and I saw demi in a worse shape than last time. A worried look took place on my face and i opened my arms for her.
She looked up and smiled weakly before hugging me tightly. Like her life depended on it.
I rubbed her back, kissing her shoulder slowly.

"Are you okay?" My voice was a bit shaky due to my current worried state but she just shook her head in the crook of my neck. I rubbed her back slowly again and hugged her for as long as she needed to. "You'll be after this weekend, promise."

I could feel her cry on my shoulder but a weak smile took place on her face at my words. She could feel I was honest.

She let go of me after a while and the doctor gave me her bag. I smiled and said bye before leaving the building with Demi's hand glued to mine. She needed comfort and I'd give it to her.
We entered the car and she rested her head on my shoulder like she did last time. The car ride was calm and she rested until we arrived at the hotel.
I went to the exact same hotel as last time, knowing it was rather good.

We entered, hand in hand and reached a table for breakfast, as her bag was being taken upstairs.
We settled with food and started talking about our week, eating. Demi had a lot less in her plate than last time but she had something in it at least.

"So... How was your week?" Demi voice said since we had been talking about her week for the past minutes. I looked down and put up on a fake smile.
"Good... boring but good." My voice was as confident as I could but Demi knew me better than anyone and she knew I was lying.
"What's wrong?" I played with my ring nervously but that ring was starting to make me sick. I looked at my plate, eating slowly.

"I... things got a little heated with Sam, she was jealous and told me she couldn't have kids and... it's just a lot to process." I cleared my throat before eating, I could feel demi stars at me with a confused expression.
"I'm sorry... i hope things work out for you... was she jealous because of me?", I nodded and she sighted, "and you were planning on having another kid?", I nodded again but more sadly.

"I love Amy and I'd be happy with just her but I don't know... we talked about it before and she never mentioned that she had surgery before and that she probably couldn't have kids, I just... I feel like she's been lying to me for a long time and I hate it." She let me talk, not willing to stop me for opening up, "I feel like the person I've been with this week isn't Sam and if she continues on being like that, I'll be fed up really quickly and-" Demi's voice cut me off this time but with a slow voice.

"Do you want to divorce?" It caught me off guard and I narrowed my eyebrows looking at her. It was straightforward and I didn't expected it to come off this way.
I didn't want to consider it... it had only been a week since things started being weird but I was definitely starting to fall out of love.

"I-... I didn't think about this..." I continue to eat and Demi kept staring at me.
"A... I don't want to sound like the little devil on your shoulder but... keeping things like that will hurt you both more than anything..."

I nodded and I noticed that she was being careful choosing her words. I smiled weakly before looking up at her. I reached for her hand across the table. She squeezed it lightly with a slow smile.

The end of the breakfast went by smoothly, we talked about her therapies and how she was struggling. She was being a little more hopeful than last week and I was happy about it.

We left the hotel and went for a walk around town. It was good for the both of us to take a breath of fresh air.
She had her arm snuck around mine and we walked in silent for awhile before talking about some random topics, laughing, being careless.
We settled down on a bench and we were very close to one another, we kept laughing lightly but I heard a click and my body tensed, I looked around and I saw a man with a camera in his hands.

"You'll get used to it..." demi said and I looked at her with a small smile. It was getting late enough for us to grab some food so I stood up and took her hand.
"Let's go eat. It'll be more peaceful."

We walked hand in hand towards a small restaurant that sounded nice. We sat and I looked at the menu before Demi's hand lowered it so she could see me.
"Babe, they probably won't post the pictures and if they do I could always ask my manager to make them go away... they've been keeping paparazzi out of the way ever since I entered Rehab." My body relaxed at her comment and at the nickname she gave me. I smiled slowly and nodded before ordering our food.

I hope they wouldn't publish it or it would be bad... for me more than for her.

___________

Hey guys, I know this chapter is short and that you waited quite some times but I've been really busy and i kind of kept myself away from my phone, for quite some time and I'll probably be a little slower to update the next chapters, hopefully I'll go back to my original pace.
With love,

-M