CHAPTER SEVEN.

A few hours later

(Trigger warning ⚠️ I'll put "!!!" Before and at the end of the possible triggering moment, subject: self-harm)

Demi and I had the best day ever, she was excited and full of live, I had never seen her like this although her doctor told me that she might feel off perhaps was I the best therapy she could get.

We had lunch at a small Italian restaurant that was extremely cute and I loved it. We walked around the city, excited about the world and what we could see, we had been surrounded by fans and paparazzi once or twice but people knew better than to bother Demi right now.

The sun was now setting and we were sitting on a bench, talking about life and a bittersweet feeling made its way into me. I wanted this life once, being with Demi, finding interest in things because she made me realize they were beautiful things all around us.

I felt her arm around my shoulders and scoot closer, resting my head against her shoulder and watching the sunset as if nothing had ever changed between us.

"- Do you still love me?"

I felt my heart stop and I found myself unable to breath, her voice had seem so pure and deeply hurt by the thought of a negative answer. I couldn't speak, I was closed my eyes and took a large shaky breath.

"- You know... there's this thing where... you never really forget about your first love, they always get that tinny part of you and you... you could try your best to run away from them but they'd always find their way right back into your heart and you're my first love, I think a part of will always love you, Demetria... It's not like we broke up because I fell out of love you, I never did, and I got closure over... over nothing.

Learning now that all of it was a lie, it brought back everything I tried to hate about you, I even thought you were cheating on me with that one guy, I don't even remember his name but I was creating all sorts of scenarios in my head that would make sense as to why that happened and in all those scenarios you were the bad person, I was the victim, never once did I think you were a victim as well..."

I heard her heart beat quicker and I could tell she felt something, good or bad, but I didn't want to lie, I was a bad liar anyway, she would have known I was lying if i had said anything else. I felt her move under me and I stood a little straighter, turning myself towards her to make sure I wasn't hurting her and I noticed a tear on her cheek.

I reached for a cheek with my palm and whipped it slowly. I slowly wrapped my arms around her and she rested in my arms, not sobbing or saying a word, just resting, forgetting about whatever was going on around us.

I kissed the top of her head and rested my chin on her shoulder right after.
After a little while, things got back to normal, we were laughing again, yet I felt her loving glaze on me again, it was different, that little spark that had disappeared the first time she had seen my ring was back and I knew it meant something to her. She had hope.

We stayed up late, went to get a drink (no alcohol, of course.) in a bar and had fun until people started to gather around us, knowing who Demi was.
We went back to the hotel, late, around 2 or 3 am but I could tell Demi was happy and I didn't want this night to end because I didn't want her to be sad again.

We entered the hotel and went to our room, everything went perfectly well today and nothing got out of hand like her doctor had predicted.
She discovered the room for the first time and jumped on the bed, tiredness making her look a little tipsy.
She giggled and turned to see me, still laying on the bed.

"- You should go take a shower before you fall asleep Dems...

-I love it when you call me that, no one calls me like that except you..."