CHAPTER ELEVEN.

The next morning

The warmth of her arms was a feeling I had gotten used to but the taste of her lips was still lingering on mine and that was a feeling I had forgotten. The familiar sensation created chills all over my body and I felt my body surround the figure that was still holding me a little tighter.

I opened my eyes and Demi's dark orbs met mine with a small smile.

"Good morning...", she said as her raspy voice grew closer from my face.

I realized she was leaning in for a kiss, like the one we had shared last night and I froze. She must have felt it because she leaned back a little.

"I'm sorry, I... I don't really have an excuse, I guess you're just addictive."

The mention of that word kind of got to me quicker than I would have hoped because I immediately looked right into her eyes. I suddenly realized I was an awful habit of hers and she needed me to stay sober. I reached for her cheek with my hand and I smiled with a sad smile.

I got away from her a little and sat next to her. My hands slowly found their way to my face and I rested in them for a little while before I felt Demi touch my knee.

"I'm married. I have a daughter, with a delightful woman... And I can't just mess around. I told you, I'd be there for you and I will! You know, I'd do anything for you just because of how in love with y-" I stopped as the words I was saying resonated in my head and I stared at the wall in front of me, like a scared deer.

"Alice... I know, all this... I wasn't born yesterday and trust me, I'd never understand why you would chose me over Sam, she's like... The definition of perfection and you've the most amazing daughter in the world, she's beautiful, like her mother... I just got a little carried away because of what happened yesterday, and I apologize, sincerely." She cupped my face, so I'd look at her and I reached for her wrists with a small smile.

I was kind of glad she had not talked about what I was about to tell her but as I was staring at her face, my eyes found their way to her lips. I started at the red curves that took place right over her chin and I was about to lean in when I felt her forbidding my face to move forward.

"That pep talk was not so you would kiss me but I appreciate the gesture.", I felt her reach for my forehead as she kissed it softly and led me against her for a hug, "I think you should know it because it's somehow important... I'm in love with you, always have been and always will be."

***

We left the city after our little moment and were on our way to Harrisburg. It was hard driving for almost 8 hours straight so we would stop every two hours a walk around and we would switch place. We were only 2 hours away from Harrisburg now and we were walking through a gas station, we both got coffee and sat. We were just casually talking but I suddenly noticed someone taking a picture of us with their phone.

"I think someone's a fan.", I said as I discretely showed the person that was taking pictures.

"For fuck's sake. Can't we fucking enjoy a place without people bothering us.", I could see Demi getting mad.

I reached for her hand over the table, I could see that she was having an anger outburst probably because of the ride that was getting long.

"Dems... It's fine...", I slowly caressed her hand and frowned when she took her hand out of my grip to lean back against her chair.

"It's not fucking fine, they could at least ask.", Her breath was speeding and I could see her chest feel heavier with each breath she took.

"Let's go outside," I stood up and smiled gently at her, she reached for my hand and squeezed it slightly before we got out, "are you okay?"