CHAPTER FOUR.

Two days later

I never understood why people hated Mondays so much. It was one of my favorite day of the week. I had time to spend at the office working, I'd have lunch with my wife and then I'd finish earlier to get my daughter after her day at the kindergarten. I couldn't ask for a better day.

After this weekend, I could use some time at work to stop thinking. Lucas had texted me, warning me that Demi was leaving the hospital today and entering rehab tomorrow to help her with her recent struggles. And I had actually planned to stop by the rehab center over the weekend, hoping that she'd have improved a little, in order to apologize.

I knew I needed to stop thinking about it but I knew I'd be thinking about it the whole week until I finally go there.
I stopped thinking when I heard a small knock on my door. I cleared my throat and carefully placed a welcoming smile on my face.

"- Yes?"

Jess made her entry and smiled weakly, we had just started the day and I honestly felt like nothing had been improving recently.

"- Hi, mh... I was going through the people you wanted for the meeting you wanted to plan and I think you should reconsider it, some of our writers are unable to come because of the distance and also.. you wrote a name that I think wasn't supposed to be there."

I narrowed my eyebrows and reached for the list she was handing me. I had printed it just this morning and I was pretty sure I had planned everything the right way. My eyes settled on the paper and a few names were circled with question marks and one in particular was circle darkly, "Demetria Lovato". My heart skipped a beat and I shook my head lightly before erasing it.

"- I'm sorry, I must have been... I don't know, disturbed by the news or something. But take care of the rest would you? I really need those people around."

She nodded and started leaving, but she stopped and turned around to look at me.

"- I took care of the pictures... that the paparazzis took of you, outside the hospital, they were about to spread it around and I guess you wouldn't have wanted that. Also... if you ever need to talk, my number is on speed dial and I'll be in your office right away..."

I smiled gratefully and nodded at her, dismissing her nicely. Jess knew I didn't want my reputation to be ruined by some teenage romance especially since we went to the same school and she knew well that Demi was my teacher at the time and that rumors would spread quickly that we were dating when she was still teaching.

I went back to work but my mind was still on Demi somehow.
Lunch arrived quickly and I texted Sam saying I was ready to grab lunch with her.
I took my keys and went down, telling Jess I was leaving for lunch and I entered my car, driving to the restaurant Sam and I decided to go to.
Once I was in front, I noticed Sam walking towards the restaurant as well so I got out and ran until I was at her level, reaching for her hand.

"- Right on time!"

We went in, had a good lunch but something in me still felt a little off, this whole Demi thing was really getting to me and even Sam felt it. I went back to the office an hour or so later with Sam. She wanted to drop by before going back to work herself.
We went upstairs not warning Jess that I was back, since I'd ask her to stop by my office when Sam would leave. I could tell Sam had a drink too much by the way she was literally all over me.

She was constantly roaming her hand against my forearm and I knew well what she'd would want once we'd be alone. We entered my office and it didn't take more than a seconde before I was pushed against the closed door. A giant smile reached my face and I cupped her face, kissing her willingly but whispering against her lips.