CHAPTER SIXTEEN.

Two weeks later.

Work. That was what I kept myself just with. I didn't see or talked to Sam or Demi, I barely saw Drew and only spent times with Amy.
I had been working from when the sun started to rise to when the sun was already set.

Amy would spend most of her days with Sam and I'd just spend some lunches with my daughter.

That was my way of coping. I had tried not to fall into bad habits, the way I had seen Demi destroy herself because of those and I couldn't fall into this.
I had tried reaching out to Demi but it always rang busy.

Today was just another day of emptiness. I was trying really hard not to think or feel. This was my way to cope.
I heard my phone rang and answered to the only familiar voice I heard those past weeks, my secretary.

"There's someone for you downstairs.", her voice slowly said.

"Who is it?"

The silence on the line scared me and I straightened on my seat.

"Who is it..?"

"It's miss Lovato."

I felt my heart skip a beat and I froze. Was this happening?

"Demetria..?", I said with a weak voice.

It's almost as if I could feel her nod and I hung up. I felt my body act before I could think and my legs ran towards the stairs. The three sets of stairs were soon crossed and I opened to door that was leading straight to the entrance of the building where my secretary was staying.

I froze as I laid eyes and Demetria. She was there, standing awkwardly. She was gorgeous. Her hair grew a little and could tell she gained a little of healthy weight.

I felt my heart beat in my chest, so hard that I could hear it in my head. I felt tears on my face and my legs ran as fast as they could until my body collapsed with hers. I felt our body crush and I surrounded her with my arms in a tight embrace.

We stayed like that as she reciprocated my embrace. I felt like this could have lasted forever. Just me and her.

I stood a step back, looking at her softly as my face reached for her face. I smiled at her and I felt completely unable to do anything as if she would go away and disappear.

"Hey...", her voice slowly made her way to my ears and my smile got bigger.

She looked better and it had only been two weeks but I could see how genuine her smile was looking at me.

"Hi..", I rubbed her cheek smoothly.

I slowly realized that everyone was looking at us since we were in the middle of the hallway. My cheeks got reddish easily and I looked down before reaching for her hand.

"Would you.. want to come and get a coffee or something?", I bit my lip still unable to believe that she was here.

"Sure, I'd love to, Alice.", she smiled back.

We walked towards the elevator, my hand clung into hers. I entered the elevator and my eyes went directly to hers. I couldn't help but feel completely helpless next to her.

She looked back at me and a soft giggle escaped her lips, rolling off her tongue.

"What..?", her voice said softly.

"You're gorgeous. You look... happy.", I rubbed my thumb against her hand and she just smiled.

The genuine spark in her eyes was back and she looked away for a second before looking back.