CHAPTER FIFTEEN.

A few hours later

I was finally done with work. Sam hadn't given me any news and I was growing worried.
I drove home and stopped to see Demi on my way.

I parked in her alley and I noticed a car that was also parked. I got out of the car and walked towards her door, as I was about to knock, the door opened before me.

I fell face to face with Demi's mom and I looked at her with a confused gaze.
I looked down to her hand and she was holding a big bag. She walked past me and Eddie walked by as well with a similar bag.
I was clever enough to understand what was happening but I was denying all the evidence.

"What's happening?", my voice was hesitant and I couldn't see demi, "where's demi?"

No one answered and I walked in, noticing everything was clean. I walked further into the house and into Demi's room and she was just sitting there, folding her clothes.

She looked up to me and her eyes lit up. I rushed towards her and hugged her tightly. She followed my embrace and melted into my arms. I could feel her breath becoming shaky as she probably started to cry.

"It's fine, I'm here...", I ran my hand through her hair.

She shook her head against my chest and I kept her against me.

"They're taking me back home... In another state...", her voice broke.

I didn't know how to react, I thought they would at least keep her in the house they had but I knew they had a house in the south that they kept for vacation. Apparently they had planned to use it for a different purpose this time.
I kept demi against me, unable to move and process what was happening. I kissed the top of her head, not knowing what to say or do.

I felt a hand on my shoulder and turned to the person that was now standing behind me. The blurry silhouette made me realize I had been crying.

I couldn't hear anything apart from my heartbeat but I blinked a few times before noticing that Eddie was there looking at me, probably waiting for me to let go of Demi.

I shook my head, holding Demi against me a little tighter as she did the same.
I closed my eyes tightly and I tried my best to notice everything I was feeling. Her smell, her warmth, her breathing, everything.

I heard some words being spoken, and I felt the urge to look at demi straight in the eyes.

"You'll be fine... you can always call me... okay?", she nodded and I could feel the tears coming back harder than before, "I love you... so so much..."

She pressed her forehead against mine before speaking.

"I love you, too...", we both started sobbing cause I knew damn well they wouldn't let me see her for as long as she was recovering.

She pressed her lips against mine and I could feel how wet her cheeks were against mine. I kissed her back although I hated the thought of doing this again because of Sam, we both needed to feel each other at least one last time.

I was scared that she'd forget about me once she was completely sober. She didn't need me like I needed her when she was sober. But her recovery was way more important than how I felt.

I slowly parted from her and I looked at her and dried her cheeks with my thumbs.

"Stay strong, love.", I smiled sadly as she nodded.

"I will...", she smiled back and Eddie reached for her as he got her to stand up.

She looked at me and I let her go, knowing I wasn't in a place to decide what's best for her.
She left but I stayed there, sitting on her bed as I felt a hole in my chest.