CHAPTER TWELVE.

Two days later.

It's hard, it's so fucking hard. After three days spent traveling around with Demetria, we're at Detroit's airport waiting for our flight to LA.

Never in my life have I felt this anxious. I couldn't concentrate and I could barely listen to the music that was playing in my earphones. I suddenly felt a nice pet on my shoulder and I barely jumped out of my seat. I took out my earphones and looked up to the nice smile that Demi was offering me.

We hadn't kissed since our day in Harrisburg. I knew the tension between  us was palpable and that even strangers could tell we both wanted to be more than friendly. But the thought of Sam waiting for me at the airport like the perfect wife that she was was breaking my heart.

"I got you a almond milk latte.", she said with a genuine smile.

I could tell she was just as anxious as me but not for the same reasons. Demi would go back to her apartment for the first time in a while and she would be alone after awhile.

I thanked her and leaned against her shoulder after she sat next to me. I closed my eyes as I could feel the lump in my throat grow stronger, stealing my strength.

Demi surrounded my shoulders with her arm and she rested her head against mine.

"We'll be ok... alright? If you stay strong, I'll stay strong as well." Her voice was as unsure as me and I nodded, incapable to talk.

We both stayed like that, drinking our coffees, waiting for our anxiety to fade but she never did. We got called to go on board and we left, absolutely scared to leave Detroit.
We had first class tickets and it was always the best place to be, but not right now.

As a CEO this would always be the class I'd use but I still wasn't used to it.
Demi and I had side to side seats and we could lay down to form only one seat. That's quickly what happened as i cuddled against her trying not to cry.

We watched a movie but as we were getting closer to landing, I could feel demi grow hotter and her heartbeat was increasing. I closed my eyes and surrounded her with my arms.

I could tell this was going to be hard but she was improving and I hope she wouldn't relapse.

"If you ever feel down, you will call me, right?", I said with a small voice that only she could hear.

I was growing more and more emotional until I could feel a tear roll down from my eye unto Demi's shoulder.

"I'll try... I can't promise you those things for sure...", she wasn't as confident as when she first left the center and I was growing worried.

I stayed cuddled against her until I eventually fell asleep for a quick nap.
I woke up quite rapidly because we were about to land and Demi woke me up with gentle strokes around my face.

I woke up and for a second, everything was peaceful. I was in her arms, she was warm, she was present.

But reality quickly hit me and I straighten my seat and waited anxiously until we landed. I could feel Demi fidgeting next to me.

"Is anyone coming to get you at the airport?" I asked before turning to look at her.

"Mad is coming over for a day or two so she's coming to get me at the airport. You haven't seen her in so long, she can drive you home if you need to.", she had quite a smile on her face at the thought of me and Mad reconnecting.

"Actually... Sam is coming to get me.", I looked down quickly and she reached for my shoulder.

"It's fine... but I know Mad would want to see you. If you ever want to hang out with Drew and Mad. I know they're still in touch.", she stroked my hair gently and I looked at her confused.