CHAPTER TWO.

The same night

I needed to talk to Sam before making any kind of decision. She knew about Demi and she knew how hard it had been for me to move on, I needed her to help me deal with the situation.

Drew went home, after I told him I needed time to think. I went to my room and I laid next to Sam with a painful smile on my lips, she was the most beautiful human being I had ever since, yet my heart was aching for Demi right now and the thought of her being hurt, brought me to tears again, I sobbed as I tried to fall asleep but I felt a pair of arms surround me and a quiet kiss being laid on my cheek.

"- Breath baby... I'm here..."

I held her in my arms and her warmth calmed me down, I stopped shaking but tears were still streaming down my face.

"- I'm sorry... I didn't want to wake you up...

-Shhhh... don't apologize, it's okay, I'm here for you, whenever..."

I smiled sadly still in her embrace and I buried my head in the crook of her neck. It took me a few minutes to stop crying. Sam knew better than to force me to talk if I wasn't ready and I was grateful but I needed to talk about it.

"- I... I need your help, Sam."

She silently nodded in the dark and I breathed before parting away to face her as the moon lit up a little her features.

"- It's about Demi... She... She's at the hospital, she attempted suicide... and... She asked for me..."

I felt her features tense at the mention of her name but she relaxed right after and brought her forehead to mine, she was often doing this to reassure me.

"- Do you want me to come with you?"

Her reaction took a little smile out of me. She wasn't even trying to convince me not to go, she was just asking if I needed her support and I reached for her lips slowly but briefly before shaking my head.

"- I love you... but I don't know if I should go... I would have asked you to come with me anyway...

- I love you, you know that and if that can help her, I think you should go, you two didn't end things very nicely and maybe she needs someone from her past to help her move on from the toxic relationships she has been having ever since she became popular..."

I nodded as a small smile made its way to my face, I didn't know what I did to deserve this woman but I'd always be grateful.
With this thought, my body let the tiredness take over my mind and I fell asleep in her arms.
I didn't dream that night , I don't even know if I really slept or if I was just laying there, faking sleep to stop thinking.

***

I woke up the next morning before Sam and I looked at her as the sun slowly revealed her face, the hot sun of California was caressing her hair, letting her brown locks shine with beautiful red reflections. Her skin was glowing, every flaw being showed, every scar, showing right in front of me how flawed she was and yet she was still the most beautiful woman I had ever seen. I turned off her alarm before it started ringing, knowing I could wake her up myself.

I watched her sleep for a little more, loving how relaxed and comfortable she looked. I remember those mornings I had spent looking at demi like that, during the end of our relationship, she would look more at peace during the night than at any other time of the day. I saddened me to think that she would try to take her own life.

I grew up in last ten years and I'm in the best place I could be, I can't believe she didn't get that chance when she was actually living what she thought was her dream.