Ch.20.1 Falling for not only the wrong guy, but for the enemy of my dear brother (High School King)

Heeey (: I'm sorry for the waiting! I decided to divide this chapter in two parts, here's the first one and I already started writing the other one :) Thanks so much for all the comments I got last chapter! I hope you like this one ^^ Don't forget to vote, comment and fan if you want

Chapter 20

That night when I arrived at my house it all felt awfully empty to me. My father didn't live here anymore, and now my brother is gone. Men, they get you to love them and when you least expected they leave. My mom went directly to her room and I took the time to walk around the house. Eventually I found myself in front of my brother's bedroom door. It was painted dark blue and had a sign that said "Do not cross". I took a deep breath and continued my way. I wasn't ready to enter his room, not yet.

I was overwhelmed immediately when I opened the door to my own room, one of the walls was covered in pictures and most of them were of me and my brother, since we were babies up until recent ones. My vision got blurry and my knees felt weak. I quickly walked to my bed before collapsing into it. It would be painfully hard to wake every morning and see those pictures, but I couldn't throw them away. I grabbed a blindfold that I had but never used to sleep. I put my earbuds on and some really loud music at all volume. After what felt like eternity I managed to fall asleep. But only to be woke up by my clock alarm about three hours later. Without taking off the blindfold I felt the way to my dresser and when I was safely inside I took the blindfold off to choose my clothes. I decided on a hard rock café black shirt, jeans and black converse. I showered, brushed my teeth and didn't even bother to comb my hair, I just put it up into a messy ponytail.

I skipped breakfast and said bye to my mom. I planned I'll walk to school but was shocked when I saw outside was Mark waiting for me. I didn't want to go to school but I had already missed a month. I half-smiled to him and got in the passenger seat.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" I asked curious.

"Well I wasn't about to let you walk to school" he said to me giving a lopsided smile.

"Thanks" I mumbled.

After that the ride to school was pretty much silent. When we arrived, he walked me to class and then went to his. I sighed and enter the classroom, immediately every shut their mouth and stared at me. I was never popular because I didn't want to be but now that happened what happened, I was like the school gossip. I sat in my desk and waited for the bell to ring. Classes felt eternal and everyone came up to me to say how sorry they were and some asked how I was doing. I just nodded and answered a quick fine. When it was lunchtime it was already getting really annoying. So I bought my food and went to eat to the library so no one would be bothering me.

Slowly the school day dragged by. And at the end of the day I saw Brittany outside. I ran and hugged her.

"It's so good to see you!" I said with a sad smile.

"Yeah well...I'm here to say goodbye" she said and looked up, tears streaming down her face.

Immediately my face fell and was replaced by teary eyes. I rode with her and Mike to the airport and when was time for her to go I couldn't contain myself, I threw my arms around her neck and cried, telling how much I was going to miss her. Then it was Mike's turn. I watch her leave through the doors and waited until the plane took off. Mike put his arm around my waist to help me keep my balance and I thanked him silently. We got into the car and he started driving.

"Mike, my house isn't this way" I said confused.

"I know"

"Then where are we going?" I asked really confused.

"You'll see"

And since I was in no mood to argue I kept silent and looked out the window. After driving for about half an hour he came to a stop and I gasped. We were at the beach.

"What are we doing here?"

"Cheering you up" he replied and got out of the car.

We started walking through a path of rocks surrounded by trees, he suddenly came to a stop and I looked at him, asking with my eyes. He wordlessly signaled to a fence. What made me more confused. He shook his head at me and slowly and carefully we went up the fence. And started walking again, but this time it was sand. Finally we arrived to what seemed to be an abandoned playground. The slide was cut in half, the swing covered in dust and everything else was barely recognizable. He motioned for me to get on the swing and I was afraid it was going to break while swinging but he nodded reassuringly to me. So, following orders I got on the swing and he started swinging me.

"Does this not bring any memories to you Sam?" he asked with a bit of disappoint in his voice, I shook my head ashamed "I guess I'll have to make you remember then"

With that said he started swinging me faster and higher, I almost scream. But then I saw something in the cliff in front of us the caught my eye. My eyes widened and despite my effort to not cry, tears streamed down my face. Stupid tears, why did they exist? They made you look vulnerable, and I didn't like that. He saw that I remembered and slowed down. When it was safe I jumped and gave a tight hug.

"I'm sorry" I said looking up at him "I don't know how I forgot!"

"It's ok, little girl. We're not perfect" he said smiling.

"Why?" I whispered but he heard.

"I brought you here because I knew this was going to help you feel better, and was I wrong?" he asked knowingly and I shook my head