(Ch. 19) Falling for not only the wrong guy, but the enemy of my dear brother (aka High School King)

• Dedicated to Bea Mojer

Okaay, first I'm sooo sorry for the wait! And for the next chapters I need 30 votes! come on pleasee! It's not hard, all you have to do is click a button (: Hope you like it! I doubt you will, actually I think after this all of you will hate me but trust me! It was needed so the story could continue!

Chapter 19

"I...I'm honored that you feel like that for me, but Mark I just...I don't feel the same way, I'm sorry" I said looking down, he lifted my chin to look at him.

"Hey, don't be. I told you this already knowing your answer, don't worry about it" he smiled trying to reassure me but it didn't reach his eyes.

I know I should like him, he's been for me through everything and is a great person but I couldn't decide who to like. And honestly, I don't even know why, deep in my heart I still liked Matt a little bit. A few minutes of uncomfortable silence passed by before someone entered the room looking agitated. It was Alice, followed by Brittany.

"What's wrong?" I asked seeing the tears streaming down their faces, immediately Alice broke down crying and Britt just looked at me while hugging her and said between sobs:

"Sam...Sammy...he...is gone" immediately my eyes tore up.

"What are you talking about? Gone? As in he escaped? Please tell him is that!" I said and she shook her head.

Oh no, it couldn't be. He...he...I couldn't even think it! He promised me! Why? In a matter of seconds I broke down crying hard and Mark hugged me murmuring soothing words like "It's going to be ok"

"No it's not! He was my brother! My everything! This can't be happening!" I snapped and then cried harder.

I tried getting out of the bed but Mark held me tight and after a while I gave up. My parents came in later and hugged me, we all three cried together. It felt like hours when they finally let me get up. I walked and saw him. He was white as a ghost and cold as ice. And I couldn't believe he is really....gone. I turned and sprinted down the hallway and out of the hospital, it was raining and my tears became one with the rain. And I kept running, I didn't know where I was going but there was no stopping. All of this was my fault! The accident, he getting worst! Everything! Why God? Why wasn't I the one to die? I ran and ran until I had no energy left. And I looked up to see I had arrived at the park in front of my house. I used to play with him here all the time when we were kids. Slowly and painfully I walked over to the swings and soaking wet I got on and started swinging myself slowly, I closed my eyes and my mind was invaded with memories of us. One stood out of them all. (Start playing the song)

*Flashback*

"Sammy! Sammy! Where are you?" Dek yelled looking for me, we were playing hide and seek. "I'll find you anyways so it's best if you turn yourself in and there won't be any consequences" I giggled and then clamped a hand to my mouth. Oh no! Too late, he already heard me and was coming towards the tree I was hiding behind. I broke into a run but I was quickly tackled to the ground by my brother and he started tickling me.

"Not faih! Botheer! I'm wheally ticklish! Stop!" I whined laughing. I was four-years old and he was six.

"I won't stop until you say I'm the best big brother on earth!"

"No way! I'm not lying!" I said and he tickled me harder "Ok ok I give up! You awhe the best big bothe on eath"

He grinned getting off me and tend me a hand to help me get up. I looked down at my white dress and it was stained with mud. I made a face because mum would get mad and he saw and told me he will tell mother it was his entire fault and I smiled. He then carried me to the swings and started swinging me really hard until I was screaming I would die. When he stopped he looked me in the eye and told me he would never do a thing to hurt me and he would always be there for me to protect me from all harm. I smiled widely and then he bought and ice-cream for me and we walked hand in hand to our parents.