XII. LYON AND JUVIA

g.f — 

Lyon and Juvia..Lyon and Juvia..those three words, those two people, the thought of them was inevitable. I was lost in my own introspection, undecided of what to feel about them, questioning why out of all things, this particular subject had to bewilder my mind.

There was something about my perception of the two mages, a perception that made me feel especially bothered, a perception that made me feel..in pain. Ever since I had seen them together, I have felt as if I had a lump in my throat. It was as if I couldn't breathe. It was as if some substance or living being were creeping above my shoulders. The pain was continuously growing, never subsiding. It had been bothering me for a while, but it wasn't causing me so much trouble until now.

I had left the party that was being taken place in Fairy Tail early for that reason. It was because of this abnormal pain. This type of pain, it felt so tangible. It was as if the emotions I felt were being transformed into physical torment. I had first questioned this possibility, I had first thought that an idea as such was so surreal, that a type of pain that could do such a thing couldn't have existed. That was, until I remembered the sensory bond that had been put on me in Tenroujima.

I had tried to calm myself for the past two hours now, I had tried to contain my emotions to prevent the amount of suffering I was already dealing with from increasing, but nothing was working. The same image was still glued into my head, the same image that was responsible for continuing to pierce every bone in my body.

I quivered as the numbness I had been feeling before began to hurt even more, it was as if my body were freezing. I was becoming cold, a type of  temperature I would have never expected myself to feel.

What the hell was going on?

All of this made absolutely no sense, it was as if a spell had been cast on me, a spell in which caused me to suffer like this. There was something strange going on, something that might be responsible for the death of me, and maybe even my comrades. I must protect them, I must make it to the guild.

I forced myself to get up, to be able to pull through. With each step I took, I trembled, my body aching as I limped across the landscape, trying to endure the agony. The frigidness of the cold was forcing me to keep on going, the relentless pain not allowing me to just close my eyes and faint, which was kind of a good thing with my circumstance.

I inhaled and exhaled in hopes it would ease the pain, desperate to be able to at least breath normally. I had to make it for everyone, I had to make it for Juvia. We were now friends, I couldn't hurt her again.

As if a sharp dagger had dug into me at the mention of her name, I stumbled. I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to stand up once more, although I had to at least try.

I used all of my energy that I had inside of me left in attempts to be able to pick myself up.  I was determined to cover more distance. I had to. But I couldn't lift myself. My limbs didn't have enough strength to complete the task.

I screamed in anger, pounding my fists against the ground, my pain increasing even more. I couldn't care less though, I was too weak anyways..

"Wh-Why ca-can't I get u-up? Wh-why can't I j-ust f-fucking g-get up?"