Chapter 18

Chapter 18

I groaned aloud in frustration. Why couldn't I just be able to control my freaking powers! This snow storm was insane and even with my advanced sight I could hardly see a thing. But I could still hear everything.

The loud roar of the storm, the breathing of the kingdoms people, hoof steps running, and foot steps about 20 feet away from me. That made me freeze and squint in the direction.

Hans appeared and was struggling worse then me against the wind. He held his hands out and was squinting. We locked eyes and I saw a flash of satisfaction and smugness before it was replaced with fake hurt and worry.

"Bella please! You must stop this." Hans begs, thou, it seems he could care less.

I laugh dryly. "What?! Are you on crack! I told you, I can't. Just-just tell Anna I'm sorry." I say. He shakes his head.

"Anna's dead. She came in freezing and ice cold. I didn't have time to save her, it was to late." He says sadly.

My eyes widen slightly before I shut them and turn away. I killed her. He can't be lying, why would he lie about something like this? I did hit her, but I didn't think it would kill her! I didn't know where I hit her.

A sob escapes my lips and I fall to the ground. The wind and snow around us falls with me and it's silent, all except the tears I try to hold and breathing.

She can't be dead. No, she can't. He has to be lying. He's already lied about their love and many other things, so this has to be a lie also. Yes, just a lie. He's trying to make me feel guilty. He's probably gonna-

Oh shit!

I spun around and started to get up as Hans lunged at me with a sword. My eyes widened as Anna jumped in front of me stopping Hans as she froze into an ice statue. His sword snapped in half as it hit her hand and he went flying backwards.

Kristof, Sven, and Olaf froze in shock a few feet away. The Cullen's-ugh, their still here?-stood a few away shocked also. A few of the Dukes stood on the balcony of the castle watching.

"Anna, no!" I whispered as I held her head in my hands. Another sob escaped me and I fell against her. My dry sobs echoed across the grounds.

Hans was wrong. She hadn't died yet. I knew it, but yet, I had believed him for a moment. I could have done something maybe, saved her. Or helped her get to Kristof like she should have, yet, she saved me instead.

It felt like we stood there for hours. Until suddenly arms wrapped around me and Olaf gasped. I blinked and pulled away. I take a sharp intake of breath as I looked at Anna, she smiled.

"How-?" I frowned.

Olaf gasped. "True love heals a frozen heart!" Olaf squeals and does a little happy dance.

I grin and pull Anna into a hug. "Why did you do that?" I ask pulling away.

Anna glances down. "You're my sister and I love you." She says like it the most obvious thing the world.

Then it hits me. "True love!" I grin excitedly and everyone looks at me confused. "Of course!"