Chapter 3: Tail and Eels

When Hiccup heard Gobber day a down dragon is a dead one, he knew he had to help the Night Fury or else it would die. Leaving the group he rushed to the house to get Y/n's help. Bursting threw her bedroom door he found her sleeping on her desk with a pencil hanging loosely in her hand. A small smile made his way to his face.

Walking over he found a half way done picture of him placing his hand on the dragons nose. Turning his attention back to Y/n to see the her h/c hair covered half of her face. Chuckling lightly Hiccup shook Y/n's shoulder lightly. Y/n stiffed a yawn and stretched. When she caught sight of Hiccup, she fell out of her chair rather ungraciously.

"Oh, are you okay," Hiccup asked helping her up with a chuckle.

Y/n glare at him once she was on her feet.

"I'm fine, but don't you dare scare me like that ever again!" Y/n snapped. "Now, what is it?"

"We need to build a tail for the dragon, if we don't he won't be able to fly and he'll die," Hiccup explains.

Y/n nodded and grabbed Hiccups arm and dragged him to black smiths.

"Eager?" Hiccup asked.

Y/n roiled her eyes and sat down and make the tail fin design. Showing Hiccup, he soon nodded in agreement. With that he took care of the metal, and Y/n started sowing the fin.

"Hey Hiccup, do you think this will work?" Y/n asked. "I mean how are we doing to put this on him. He doesn't trust us fully yet. And even if we make this, how is he going or use it?"

Hiccup turned to her and sighed.

"Well if it doesn't will keep working and thinking of a way to get him off the ground."

Y/n bit her bottom lip in doubt. Hiccup noticed and went over to her placing both of his hands on her shoulders.

"Hey. I promise will get him in the air," Hiccup smiled.

Y/n smiled back and hugged him. He froze for a moment and hugged back feeling something different in this hug. When Y/n pulled back he missed the feeling of her arms around him. The both went back to work. Before long the tail was done. The next morning, Y/n and Hiccup brought two baskets of fish.

"Hey Toothless. We brought breakfast, I hope, I hope your hungry," Hiccup announces dumping both baskets. "Okay that's disgusting."

He listed the fish he brought as Toothless sniffed the fish. When he smelled the eel and made a different kind of noise. When Hiccup picked up the eel Toothless roar and back away. Throwing it away Hiccup said a few comforting words and went to place to tail fin on. Y/n sat in front of the dragon.

"Hey boy," Y/n smiled.

Toothless look and her and tilted his head. She giggled softly and kept his attention as Hiccup put on the tail. It wasn't long until Toothless fell something on his tail. Shaking his one fin he drop his wings once he realized what was happening. Y/n watched as he spread his wings.

"Oh no," Y/n muttered. "Hiccup!"

Y/n's warning was a little late as the dragon took to the air. Y/n watched as Hiccup yelled as the dragon tried to fly. Just before they could hit the ground, Hiccup opened the closed fin. Toothless was in the air, flying. Y/n watchers as they came back. Toothless noticed Hiccup was on his tail still and flicked him off. Y/n laughed as Hiccup was in the water. Toothless soon joyed him.

"Yay!" Hiccup yelled.

Y/n laughed and shook her head.

"Hiccup you have training. He need to go," y/n reminded him.

Hiccup swam out and shook the water out of his hair.

"Okay lets go," Hiccup smiled.

***

Y/n handed Hiccup and eel. Making making him a little confused.

"Just in case," Y/n shrugged.

"Do you think it'll work?" Hiccup asked.

She only shrugged and smiled. She hugged him before they left. Hiccup walked into the arena as Y/n stood with Gothi. Hiccup was pared with Fishlegs. They all had buckets of water as zippleback gas filled the place. Gobber explained what to do as Fishlegs talked about the zippleback. This didn't make Hiccup comfortable. Y/n watched as the dragon tripped the girls and tricked Fishlegs. Hiccup was the last one standing. When he tried to throw the water it didn't make it. The dragon advanced towards him. Gobber went to help but they smelled the eel and coiled away from Hiccup.

"Back. Back. Back!" Hiccup snapped at them. "Don't make me tell you again."

When they were back in the cage, he threw the eel inside. Shutting the doors everyone looked at Hiccup in shock. Y/n knew what he did and smirked at the others faces.