Chapter 7: Nest

Y/n stayed at the cove as Hiccup went after Astrid. She didn't mind the fact that Hiccup fancied her. Her name meant beautiful goddess. She was strong and she was beautiful. Y/n saw herself plain but if her village still stood she would have been know as the perfect bride.

She wouldn't be hiding in the rags she dressed herself in. She would have had something to compliment her figure. She would actually look more like a leader she was born to be and not a petty person that is treated lesser than a villager. What she was blind to was Hiccup's feelings for her. He was blind to them himself.

He didn't know why he felt warm and fuzzy around her. He felt somewhat happier with her. Y/n felt complete, happy, and whole with Hiccup. She cared dearly for him. All she wanted was him happy. If him being with Astrid made him happy then she would be okay with it.

Laying on there back, staring up at the clouds in deep thought. She fell in such deep in thought she didn't realize a dragon flew into the cove until she heard a low growl. Turning Y/n saw a white dragon with feathers. It almost looked like Toothless. Slowly getting up Y/n held her hand out towards the dragon, not moving closer or farther.

The dragon sniffed her hand before walking around her smelly her. The dragon was sniffing for weapons that Y/n may have been caring. Finding none the dragon moved to the pond getting a drink. Y/n sat in her spot watching the feathered winged dragon. It's blue eyes turned to her before the dragon turned its full attention towards her.

Y/n offered a smile with the dragon returned. It gave a gummy smile like Toothless. The dragon nudge Y/n's belly and laid it's head on her lap. Y/n smiled and stroked its head gently as the dragon purred. Y/n turned her attention back to the sky.

She wanted as the colors of orange turned darker. When the stars and moon came the dragon moved away from Y/n and put her on her back. Confused Y/n held on as the dragon took off. Flying they ended up far from Berk and into mist. Y/n laid low as other dragons came to view.

Glancing around she saw Hiccup and Astrid on Toothless. Looks like Astrid had a Evening flight. Before long the dragon Y/n was on flew into a volcano and landing on the higher part of the volcano. Y/n saw Hiccup and Astrid landed lower than Y/n. Y/n turned her attention to the tired dragon.

A noise erupted from the bottom, making the dragon scared. Trying to fly away a large, very large dragon lifted from the red smoke and eat the small dragon. Y/n froze and lend into the dragon.

"We have to go," Y/n mutter. "Now."

The dragon flew out ahead of the others and flew past the cove and landed her just a bit away. The dragon bit Y/n's sleeve and tried to pull her back the way they came. This dragon was asking for help. Releasing Y/n it gave a nudge and flew off quickly. Y/n sighed and went back to the cove.

Just seconds after she got there Toothless landed in with Astrid and Hiccup.

"It controls them. Let's tell your dad," Astrid rushes.

"No, no they'll kill Toothless. No. Astrid we have to think this threw carefully," Hiccup spoke.

Y/n watched as Hiccup and Astrid exchange a few words to each other about what they'd do. Y/n noticed Astrid hit his arm and said something about kidnaping her. Hiccup was rubbing his arm and turned to Toothless. Astrid then pulled Hiccup in and kissed his cheek before leaving. Y/n's eyes stung a bit but she smiled seeing Hiccup in awe. She walked over and crossed her arms with a smirk.

"You look happy," Y/n smirked.

Hiccup turned around a bit surprised.

"Oh your still here? I thought you would had gone back home," Hiccup chuckled lightly.

"Oh Hiccup you should know that I'd wait for you no matter how long it takes," Y/n smiled.

Hiccup smiled back and hugged her. Y/n returned the embrace.

"Promise?" Hiccup asked.

"I promise," Y/n smiled.