Chapter 6: Caught

The next day Y/n was greeted by Stoick.

"Your back," Y/n beamed. "Did you get back yesterday?"

Y/n was happy to see he made it back in one piece. 

"I did," Stoick smiled. "Where were you yesterday?"

"Out and about," Y/n smiled. "You know I don't like staying cooped up all day."

Stoick smiled and ruffled Y/n's hair. She was much like her mother. Excusing herself she decided to go see the dragon without Hiccup knowing he may be running late today. He had to train today, his father would be present, and Gothi would be choosing who would kill the monsterous nightmare. Walking threw the forest she headed straight to the cove.

On her way something casting a big shadow flew above her. She looked up and around seeing nothing. Turning around she nearly toppled over. In front of her was what looked like a giant bird, only its body was shaped like a dragon. It's feathers where white and blue. It's beak was curved down to a point.

Y/n took a step back. The dragon lended towards her and sniffed. Y/n froze for a moment staring at the dragon bird hybrid. It gave a mix between a roar and caw before flying away. It was the same dragon she saw when she was little.

It would sniff and flee. This was the second time she seen this dragon hybrid. Something was very abnormal about that dragon. There had to be a reason for its behavior. Turning Y/n when straight to the cove in a hurry.

Slipping threw the crack she found Toothless curled up, resting. Y/n smiled and whistled four notes. Toothless perked up and bounded towards her. Y/n chuckled as he walked around her and nudged her. Toothless looked around and turned to Y/n with a gurgled sound he looked at the entrance her and Hiccup used.

"He's busy. He'll be here soon," Y/n smiled.

Toothless gave a gummy smile but gave a strange look. He started to sniff her and back up and growled looking around. Looking up at the sky with a light growl.

"Toothless?" Y/n slowly reached to him.

He turned to her and sniffed her and again and walked around her as if to make sure she was okay. What Y/n didn't know is that Toothless smelt the other dragon. He wasn't sure if the dragon hurt her or not. Not seeing an injuries he nudged her around and laid down. He motioned Y/n over to him.

When Y/n did, Toothless made her sit with his tail. Y/n smiled and rubbed Toothless's head and lended against him. Toothless gave one last look towards the sky with a growl before snuggling down. It didn't take long for Y/n to fall asleep.

***

The feather wing flew as fast as its wings would take it. Once it reached its destination it gave a cawing roar announcing its here. It wasn't long until two dragon with a long neck and large wings flew down to her with four people. A man with long dark brown hair and amber eyes approach her. His hair in a ponytail with a small braid in his ponytail.

He had sideburns and a small scruffy beard. Three beads where on the end of it. His hair would reach the middle of his back if it wasn't in a ponytail. The bird like dragon leaned down as he stroke its beak.

A woman with dark red hair and brown eyes joined him. Her hair down and a small braid similar to the mans. Her eyes where a dark brown. The other two where both men. One with blonde hair and brown eyes like the female. His hair reach his shoulder blades. The other had amber eyes, dark brown hair that reached his shoulders, and a small patch of fuzz on his chin.

"Did you find them?" The male with longer hair asked.

The dragon turned and looked outwards to where it had just came from. The man smiled and turned to the others.

"Ashaw, what do you think? Should we fly or sail?"

The dark brown hair thought for a moment before answering.

"Sail, we don't know if they made peace with dragons or not," he answered. "But we should keep the dragons close by incase."

"Well, lets get packing then."

He hopped on his dragon, taking the red head female with him. They flew ahead as the two males flew behind them.

"Salmen, do you think she will react well to us just showing up?" Ashaw asked.

He didn't answers automatically. Instead the red head answered.

"She has a right to know you two are alive," she spoke calmly.

They landed in front of a wooden door in the side of a hill. Enter they started to pack.

***

"Leaving. We're leaving. Looks like we're taking a little vacation, forever," Hiccup rambled.

Hearing a rock scrap against steel startled him. That's when he saw Astrid with her axe.

"What are you doing here?" Hiccup asked fumbling out words.

"I wanna n ow what's going on," Astrid answered dropping the rock.

Jumping off she gave a look of anger.

"No just gets as good as you do. Especially you," Astrid hissed. "Start talking."

She approach him swinging her axe.

"Are you training with someone?"

"Uh mmm training?" Hiccup stuttered our.

"Better not involve this," Astrid's voice stern as she took hold of Hiccup.

"I know this looks really bad."

Releasing him she looked around and started walking. Hiccup had to think of something quick. Stepping in front of her he took her hand and started to ramble. How he was 'making outfits'. Y/n woke up bearding voices. Looking up she saw Hiccup on the ground and Astrid above and she wasn't happy. Toothless noticed this and made himself noticed. Giving a light roar her charged. Hiccup went to get up only Astrid yelled for him to get down.

"Run! Run!"

Y/n rushed after Toothless and stood in front of him and Hiccup quickly disarmed Astrid and helped calm Toothless.

"You just scared him," Hiccup spoke.

"I scared him?!" Astrid asked the realization hit. "Who is him?"

Y/n kept one hand on Toothless's neck and turned to Hiccup. Giving a sigh and turned towards her to answer.

"Astrid, Toothless. Toothless, Astrid," Hiccup introduced.

Toothless only growl at her. Just seconds after Astrid ran.

"Du du du. We're dead," Hiccup slumped.

Toothless only shrugged and walked away.

"Hey were do you think your going?" Hiccup asked him.

Y/n only sighed and turned to Hiccup.

"You need to stop her."

"Wa- wait. Why me?" Hiccup asked.

"Because she hates my guts while you have a crush on her. I'm an outsider and your the chiefs son," Y/n pointed out.

"Fine," Hiccup sighed. "I'll be back soon."

Hiccup went over to Toothless, hopping on his back. He gave one last look to Y/n before flying off.