Chapter 5: Free Fall

Y/n woke up to see Hiccup poking her.

"Your up," he smiled.

Y/n groaned and shoved him away. Snuggling back into the covers Y/n closed her eyes trying to go back to bed. Hiccup chuckled and tried to pulled the blankets away. When he did a yelp came to Y/n as he accidentally pulled her off the bed too.

"Ow.." y/n mutter.

"Ops. Sorry," Hiccup chuckled sheepishly.

Y/n glared at him.

"Why are you waking me up right now? It's too early," Y/n growled.

"I'm taking flight and I figured you'd like to come with," Hiccup smiled.

Y/n sighed and got up. Moving past Hiccup she walked out.

"Come on," Y/n muttered.

***

The ships returned battered and burned. Gobber and a few vikings that stayed behind came to help. Gobbers went over to greet Stoick.

"Well I guess you found the best at least."

"Not even close," Stoick's voice rumbled angrily. "I hope you had better luck than I did."

"If but better you mean your parenting is over with then yes."

After those words felt Gobber's mouth Stoick gave him a worried look. Just seconds later, villagers congratulated Stoick and spoke things along the lines of no one will miss that old nuisance and a party to celebrate. Stoick turned to Gobber.

"His gone?" He asked.

Gobber turned and started to walk while answering.

"Yeah. Most afternoons but who can blame him a life of a celebrity is very ruff. He can hardly walk threw the village without being swarmed but his new fans."

"Hiccup?" Stoick asked in disbelief.

"Who ever thought it eh. He has this way with the beast."

***

Y/n held Hiccup as he controlled Toothlesses tail fin.

"Okay buddy, we're going to take this nice and slow.

While he mutter what position they were going to do, y/n held Hiccup a little tighter, nervous beyond belief. Making a big turn, Hiccup turned to check on the tail fin. He caught a glimpse of Y/n's face to see she was watching the scenery fly by. A small smile on her lips. He smiled at her and turn his attention forward once more. Diving down they flew between a rock formation with birds flying above them. When a rock came to view Y/n's attention went to Hiccup when she felt a rough hit.

"Sorry," Hiccup spoke only to hit another. "That's my fault."

Toothless smacked him with his fin as Y/n smacked the top of his head gently.

"Yeah, Yeah. I'm on it," Hiccup mutter another potion.

Clicking the fin in place they flew upwards. Y/n clung to Hiccup as they flew higher.

"Oh yes oh this is amazing. The wind in my...cheat sheet!" Hiccup cried.

Y/n released Hiccup as he reached for the paper, only for his thing to unhook and him to fall off of Toothless. Y/n gripped the saddle as Toothless soon started falling as well. Quickly Y/n scooted up best she could and put her foot in place. Soon enough Toothless way diving again. Y/n retrieved Hiccup as he got back in front, putting his foot in place, and pulling back on Toothless. Y/n gripped Hiccup as he tried to look at the paper, only he wasn't able to make out anything. Throwing it back, Hiccup leaned forward and hopped for the best. Y/n's grip tighten a bit when they rolled in midair. Making it out, Hiccup threw his hand in air giving a cheer. Y/n chuckled and released him. Toothless shot a plasma blast making Hiccups satisfaction disappeared. It wasn't long until they landed somewhere gather a lot of fish. Y/n leaned against Hiccup as he cook his fish. Toothless regurgitate some fish, offering it to them. Y/n only gagged as Hiccup gave a look of disgust.

"No thanks I'm good."

Just moments later, terrible terrors flew and landed by them. Toothless wasn't happy and guarded his food. Y/n giggled see how they tried to steal some fish. Hiccup on the other hand looked a little worried. The little dragon growled and stood on it hind legs. Taking a deep breath to blow out fire at Toothless, he shot a small blast at the small dragon making him fall. Walking away weirdly at first Hiccup took note.

"Not so fireproof on the inside are you," Hiccup threw his fish to the terror. "Here you go."

Happily the terror ate and slowly moved to Y/n's lap, curling part of its body on Hiccups side. Gently Hiccup and Y/n petted the creator.

"Everything we know about you guys, is wrong," Hiccup muttered.

Y/n turned to Hiccup and smiled.

"Your right," Y/n smiled.

Hiccup smiled back at her and they both turned back to the setting sun.