Chapter 11: Red Death

On the way to the island of dragons y/n questioned Salmen and Ashaw. To keep the story short Ashaw explained because he knew that Salmen would give off a longer complex version.

"Can you explain to me how I was separated from you both and who you both were?" Y/n asked.

"We are the children of Athena and Einar. Well except for Salmen. His mother was Astoria. She is also our mothers sister. Salmen is our half brother. First born and would have been chief if our island wasn't destroyed in the war. The war was what sent mom to Berk and killed our father, thus the separation," Ashaw answered.

Y/n blinked a few times and let it sink in. She was the daughter of a chief.

"So Salmen is our half brother and our separation was because of a war?" Y/n asked.

"Pretty much," Ashaw answered.

Of course on the way, Cherry moved to be with Salmen. Hiccup noticed a look of conflict in Y/n's eyes. She did at one point asked about where they lived and it was out of the archipelago. To just find out that you have living family but they lived elsewhere. Where they expecting Y/n to leave with them went the time came?

Could Y/n leave Berk and her best friend? Her non blood family? Hiccup was worried about her leaving and he was still rather skeptical about these new people. Why would they choose now to find Y/n? Astrid was skeptical about them as well as Snoutlout.

Salmen knew they didn't trust them and he respected that. They were strangers they flew on dragons. Not many people are know to do that. The flight was mostly silent until they saw the island in sight. The dragons fired and flew around the stunned and confused beast.

"Ruff ,Tuff watch your back! Move Fishlegs!" Hiccup called.

Salmen flew low enough to get Cherry to the ground and check if any where injured. Ashaw and Liu flew closer to Hiccup and the group as Y/n and the dragon she was on flew over the boats. Y/n was a little confused why until she found Toothless. Salmen noticed Y/n by the ships and figured she was going after something. Hiccup and Astrid soon joined her.

Hopping off Astrid's dragon Hiccup ordered her to help the others. Salmen, Ashaw, and Liu helped the group aggregating and fining the dragons blind spot. The three made sure to keep distance from the monstrous dragon while doing so. While they did this, Y/n and Hiccup tried to free Toothless. The feather fury landed on the burning ship waiting patiently for Y/n to free Toothless.

The dragon even tried to help despite the warning growls Toothless gave the feather fury. The feather saw a post from another ship topple over. Quickly the feather fury successfully got Y/n away but failed to get Toothless and Hiccup. Y/n was placed on shore. The feather fury coiled back as Stoick ran past them and into the water after Hiccup and the dragon.

When Hiccup saw on shore Y/n helped him up and made sure he was okay. Before long Toothless flew from the water with Stoick. Toothless signaled for Hiccup. Understanding what he saying Y/n quickly pulled Hiccup into a tight hug.

"Please be careful," Y/n muttered.

Hiccup nodded and hopped on Toothless. The feather fury was up in the air and retrieved Snoutlout and placed him with the other Vikings before landing on a cliff ledge on the volcano. Ashaw and Salmen made sure to move everyone back as Hiccup and Toothless challenges the Red Death while Liu sent there dragons to the volcano away from the Vikings. Flying by everyone and soon disappearing into the clouds where they saw flashing from Toothless's plasma blast. Astrid stood by Y/n with worry in her eyes. Y/n noticed this but did nothing.

When they saw the Red Death diving down with a burning mouth, Y/n saw Toothless and Hiccup fly past the beast wings as it hit the ground causing a explosion. When everything cleared Stoick called out for Hiccup with Y/n by his side. Y/n paused seeing Toothless on the ground with no Hiccup on his back. Fear and dread filled her. Stoick noticed and rush over and clasped by the dragon.

It was obvious that he blamed hisself for this. Y/n walked over and sat by him. Y/n barely heard the apologize Stoick gave Toothless. That's when he opened his wings revealing Hiccup.

"Hiccup!" 

Taking hold of Hiccup, Stoick check for breath then a heartbeat. When Y/n saw Stoick announced Hiccup was alive Y/n was relieved along with the rest of the village. When Gobber came up he pointed out Hiccups leg. Y/n froze at this. He lost part of his leg. When it was time to get back to Berk, Salmen and the others that rode on dragons showed everyone or helped them with the dragons soon they could return home. When they did so, Gobber, Gothi, and Cherry helped Hiccup with his little leg problem.