Chapter 2: The Nightfury

I decided to walk in without Hiccup. Walking around I found nothing. I walked for hours until I spotted Hiccup. I slowly went to approach him, but that's when I noticed the broken tree. Oh god. The dragon.

I lended up against a nearby tree. That's when I started questioning if this was right. Killing the dragons, what it really the right thing? Calming myself down I went and found Hiccup hidden some dirt. I quickly made my way to him.

I guess he heard me because he turn when I was halfway to him. He quickly motion me over. I crouch down next to him and peeped over to see a beautiful black dragon. Hiccup joined me and pulling out his knife. He went behind a rock before full approaching it.

I stayed put because I knew Hiccup wouldn't want me getting hurt. It wasn't long until I heard ropes breaking. I peeked over to see the beast was over him. Giving a growl and spreading its wings it lunges down roaring. That's when it kicked off the road and fled. I quickly went to him to steady him. He let out a breath and when to walk only to topple over.

Wow. I help Hiccup back to his home and we got home. Some might have found it weird that I was living with the chief. When we got back Hiccup tried to get up the stairs only he didn't make it.

"I have to talk to dad," Hiccup mutter.

"I have to speak to you too son," Stoick replied.

They said something along the same lines. That's when I figured out Stoick was having Hiccup train with the others tomorrow. Great. The next morning came and I wished Hiccup luck before leaving. I wanted to find that dragon.

When I did I noticed he was stuck in a cove. I sat in the small opening. I don't know how long I watch him but Hiccup ended up showing up. I knew that tomorrow I was going to get closer to the dragon. Hiccup sat down next to me and drew out the dragon.

I enjoyed watching Hiccup draw. He was just such a good artist. It wasn't long until we both left after it spotted us. Hiccup went to the great hall and I just when to our house. I honestly didn't want anything to do the others training.

You see Hiccup and were runts. Sitting down at a desk I started sketching the nightfury I saw today. He was beautiful. His green eyes reminded me of Hiccup. Then I remembered seeing that one dragon.

I saw when I was ten. Beak like nose and feathers. Dragons don't have feathers. I sketch it out too. It's blue eyes stared into my soul. I sighed and shut my notebook before going to bed. I woke up to Hiccup plowing my arm.

"I want you to come with me today, please."

I sighed and slipped out of bed taking care of my clothes and hair. Heading down stairs I found Hiccup waiting for me. Smiling we walked all the way to the area. I has half paying attention until I heard Hiccup give out a gasp.

"Focus Hiccup. Your not even trying. Today is all about attack. Naders are quicker and light on there feet. Your job is to be quicker and lighter," Gobber explained.

Y/n gave a light chuckle and watch as they scrambled about. Her eyes caught on Astrid and Snotlout. Who were hiding behind a wall with Hiccup behind them. Rolling to the other side, Hiccup tried to mimic them and failed. The Nader nearly got him until he got away. It found a new victim and Hiccup started asking Gobber more questions. It wasn't until Astrid started jumping across wood wall to wood wall that I noticed she and the Nader were knocking them over.

"Hiccup!" Gobber snapped.

"Ahhh! HICCUP!" Astrid yelled.

She ended up falling on him. Once she untangled herself and glared down at him. When the Nader got up she ripped the axe and shield from Hiccups arm and swung at the Nader. It gave a pained noise and walked away. I felt bad for the poor creature.