Chapter 4: Fly Test

They met back at Gobbers shop to make a saddle for the dragon. They both knew he couldn't fly alone so they were going to help him no matter what the consequences might be.

"So Hiccup, after the saddle then what?" Y/n asked. "How are we going to make him fly?"

"Well one of us will have to fly with him," Hiccup smiled.

Y/n shrugged and started to sown it together. Before long she was done and they both went to Toothless. When Hiccup showed Toothless the saddle, he smiled and started to run off. Y/n couldn't contain her laughter as Hiccup chased after him. It wasn't long until Hiccup got tired of chasing.

"Hahaha do alright?" y/n asked.

Hiccup turned to her.

"Oh yeah, you try," Hiccup challenged.

"Fine," Y/n smiled.

Taking the saddle from him she went over to Toothless who was prancing about.

"Hey Toothless," Y/n beamed.

He smiled and bound over to her and nudged her. After all she wasn't a threat to him.

"Can you hold still so I can put this on," Y/n laughed.

Toothless stopped and waited for her to saddle him up. Hiccup glared at Y/n as she stood in triumphant.

"There," Y/n smiled.

That's when she felt something long and wet travel from her back to the back of her head. Hiccup burst out laughing as Y/n froze in disgust knowing that Toothless licked her. Shuttering Y/n glared at Hiccup before smirking. Hiccup noticed and backed up slowly. Y/n ran over to him with open arms.

"Come on Hiccup, give me a hug," Y/n laughed as Hiccup ran.

They chased each other until Hiccup went into the water. Y/n launched herself from the land and tackled Hiccup into the water. Both were laughing as they were soaked. Both left the freezing water and made there way back to an amused Toothless. He saw the bond the two had. If only that bond would last.

"Okay so who is testing this?" Y/n asked.

Hiccup sighed and turned to Toothless who nudged him. Making a few adjustments he got on the saddle. When they were a few feet from the ground of the cove. Hiccup pulled the rope he had connected. Y/n laughed as he crashed into the water. Taking the saddle back they made a few adjustments. Brining it back hiccup tied the rope to his foot instead of using his hand. They made it out of the cove but crashed. Y/n waited in the cove for them to come back. It didn't take long until they did.

"Another fail?" Y/n smirked.

Hiccup shrugged.

"Well it was better than the first time," he smiled.

Y/n smiled back and turned to Toothless. Pulling out a fish she tossed it in the air for him. Toothless nudge her appreciating the fish.

"Well he went to you. I had to ease him to me," Hiccup smiled.

Y/n chuckled and turned to Hiccup while rubbing the top of Toothless nose.

"Well, I didn't shoot him down and say I was going to kill him," Y/n smirked.

Hiccup pouted and turned away. Y/n laughed and placed a hand on his shoulder.

"Come on Hiccup, you making up for it.  I mean you have fed him and working on getting him in the air."

"With your help," Hiccup added.

"Come on, we need to get back. You have training," y/n muttered.

Everyday Hiccup grew more and more on top, and that wasn't settling well with Astrid. Y/n had a hard time spending time with him in the village, so she spent most of her time with Toothless. It didn't take long until they found away for Toothless to fly, only he need someone to ride him. Hiccup was figuring out everything fin position as Y/n sat down and watched in amusement. When their rope snapped Y/n sprang up and rushed over to them. He noticed the small hook on the saddle was bent.

"Oh great," Hiccup mutter.

"I can get something to pry that for you," Y/n offered. "I mean so you don't get caught with Toothless."

Hiccup thought about it before nodding.

"Okay, just hurry," Hiccup muttered. "We'll be at the cove."

Y/n nodded and dashed to the village. On her way she bumped into Astrid.

"Watch where your going," she snapped.

Y/n muttered a sorry before leaving. Astrid was just angry about Hiccup being better than her. Y/n knew that. It was obvious. Slipping inside she grabbed the proper tool and ran over to the cove. Handing Hiccup the tool she tried to catch her breath.

"Thank you Y/n," Hiccup smiled up at her.

"No problem," Y/n smiled. "That's what friends are for."

She frowned at the word friend. Hiccup frowned a bit at the word himself. Y/b wanted to be more than friends while Hiccup was confused. He knew he had something for Astrid but why was he feeling something for Y/n?