Chapter 15: Dragons Leaving?

Days past and y/n actually did talk to Hiccup new friends. Ashaw and Liu talked to them as well. Mostly Fishlegs, telling them about the dragons they had and what they could do. Salmen returned and automatically went to help Stoick. Ashaw was more than a little disappointment in him. He should be getting to know there baby sister. One morning changed things though. Hiccup and Y/n were sleeping soundly in bed until there dragons stared jumping on the rooftop. Hiccup covered himself more as Y/n rolled to the side of the bed and stretched before going for Hiccup.

"I'm coming," Hiccup grumbled.

Y/n chuckled seeing him put on his helmet and heading out. Walking out, Sky jumped down nudging against Y/n.

"Good morning mister bossy," Hiccup smiled up at Toothless.

Y/n chuckled and gave a yawn and stretched her tired muscles. Toothless gave a gurgling noise and Hiccup mimicking him. Nearly slipping on a patch of ice, Toothless caught him before he fell as Y/n stifled a laugh.

"Nice save Toothless," Y/n smirked.

Hiccup rolled his eyes at her and turned back to Toothless who still seemed a bit worried. Y/n quickly went to go grab something.

"I'm okay buddy. We can go flying now," Hiccup smiled.

After Toothless breath hit Hiccup Y/n couldn't help but laugh.

"Hey, Hiccup!"

He turned to see Y/n holding Toothless saddle.

"Thank you Y/n," Hiccup smiled.

Once Toothless was saddled up they flew off. Over time Sky expected Toothless as a friend. Y/n and Sky chased after Toothless and Hiccup. Diving downwards she noticed Hiccup was going to try his stunt again. Closing Toothless tail flap he hopped over the seastack Toothless fly under. Y/n made sure to stay near if something went wrong again but this time it work.

"Yes! Finally," Hiccup cheered.

Y/n laughed and fly next to him.

"Congratulations," y/n smiled.

At Berk they started to set up for there annual holiday. Salmen and Ashaw were still resting due to yesterday. Salmen and Ashaw stayed up until the late hours set up a few things for the holiday. Cherry was with Gothi in her hut. Everything was fine until after Stoicks speech. A herd of dragons flew across Berk and the dragons on Berk flew off following them. People protested and asked where they were going.

"You guys wanna go again?" Hiccup asked.

Before Y/n could reply the herd of dragons flew by them resulting in Hiccups helmet falling towards the sea. The Toothless dove after it as Sky tried to avoid the dragons. When he noticed Toothless diving he went after him. Hiccup quickly stopped Toothless when his helmet sunk into the ocean.

"We'll worry about it later buddy, right now we have to fine out what's going on," Hiccup stated. "You okay?"

Y/n shrugged," all good unless you count the scratch on my head."

It was small and nothing I really worry about. It wasn't deep enough to leave a scar. They quickly headed back to Berk. When they landed everyone surrounded Hiccup asking him about what was happening and the dragons. He told the truth saying he didn't know.

Toothless looked like he was speaking to Stormfly before she flew off. Sky looked at Y/n and didn't leave. It wasn't like he need to. He was born on a cliffside day and he didn't have a mate and wasn't going to have any hatchlings. His mother, Salmens dragon, went off.

Sky watched as she left. He wondered if his father came back. As a hatchlings, Sky once met his father once before he left to take care of his small pack. Scanning the sky's he didn't see his father of his pack. Must have been another featherwing.

Sky broke his gaze from the dragon fading away when he felt Y/n's presents near him. He gave her a purr and lended into her. Hiccup and his friends where curious why he didn't leave. He could fly, unlike Toothless. It was actually around this time Salmen and Ashaw woke up.

Seeing the dragons gone didn't surprise them, but seeing Sky did.

"Why is he still here?" Ashaw asked.

"Maybe he had no mate and has no reason to go," Salmen muttered.

"Surprising...he's older than you," Ashaw smirked.

Sky was a few years older than Salmen. He was raised by Athena at a young age due to his mother being injured. Those were the first two dragons that she tamed. Sky had a close bond with Athena and the boys. He wasn't able to help Athena escape during the war due to him fend off the invaders. He was captured for a short amount of time. Escaping and searching for Athena he found Y/n.