Chapter Three: Roommates

Jody led Isla upstairs and into her bedroom.

"If you haven't figured it out yet, we're sharing," she said, sitting on her bed and picking up a book.

Isla looked around the room. All the walls were painted different colours, some were yellow, some were purple and stripy, and some were just plain purple. There were photographs stuck on the walls and the wardrobe. Whoever this Jody was, she definitely liked living here. It was only a very small room, and Isla wasn't quite sure how they would both fit. Jody's bed had been pushed to the wall, a bedside table was next to it and another bed had been squeezed in beside it.

"I found you some wardrobe space," Jody said, pointing to the wardrobe.

"Thank you," Isla mumbled.

As Jody read, Isla unpacked the few clothes she had. She hung them neatly on the coat hangers and then proceeded to unpack the rest of her belongings. A photograph of her sisters, her favourite book, and her cuddly toy monkey.

"Is that all you have?" Jody asked. Isla turned around and realised that Jody had been standing behind her the whole time.

"Yes, well there wasn't much time," Isla said. She looked in the wardrobe again. Jody's side was half-empty too, hardly any clothes filled it.

"Although you haven't got many more clothes yourself," she said.

"What?"

"Your wardrobe. It's half-empty."

"Oh, that's cause I've been packing," Jody said, sitting back on her bed.

"Packing for what?"

"Didn't Mike say?" Jody giggled. "We're going on our holiday in three days"

Jody looked at Isla's confused expression.

"Don't worry," she said. "You're coming too."

Isla sighed. Why did she even bother unpacking her bag in the first place? But still, it would be nice to have a holiday. A real holiday. Her first-ever holiday. With people that she hardly knew.

There was a knock at the door, it was a very tall boy with brown curly hair.

"Hi Tyler," Jody said.

"I was about to watch a film; do you want to come?"

"Okay," Jody answered, getting off her bed and walking towards Tyler. When she got to the door she stopped and turned back to Isla.

"Don't touch any of my stuff," and with that, she was gone, and Isla was left alone in her, and Jody's room.

"How are you getting on with Isla?" May-Li asked Jody when she and Tyler came down the stairs.

"She's a bit... weird."

"Aren't we all?" May-Li said, leaving Jody and Tyler to watch their film.

"What's she really like?" Tyler asked.

"Weird, like I said."

"You might be friends."

"You're my best friend and anyway–"

Joseph, Archie, and Taz came running into the house arguing.

"What's going on?" May-Li asked, coming out of the office.

Archie, Joseph, and Taz froze. They smiled innocently.

Taz smiled, as sweetly as she could. "We were just playing outside when–"

Joseph elbowed her. "When it started raining, so we had to come inside."

"Okay," May-Li smiled. She didn't quite believe them, but she didn't have time to argue. After May-Li left, Archie, Joseph, and Taz crept back outside.

They crept across the garden and into the shed where they were met by a small white fluffy dog. They all bent down to stroke him.

"Why wouldn't you let me tell her?" Taz asked.

"Because then we will have to find his owner, and we won't get to keep him," Joseph replied, receiving a thankful kiss from the puppy. "But first we need to get him inside."

"Why?" asked Archie.

"Because someone is bound to find him here," Joseph said, and with that, he scooped the dog into his arms and the three of them left the shed.

*********************************************************************
Thanks for reading! If you liked this chapter, please vote and comment and don't forget to come back tomorrow for the next chapter!

From writingrabbit6 xxx

622 Words