Chapter Five: Something is Wrong

"Where's Tyler?" Isla asked Jody.

"He's got a meeting with his social worker," she answered, zipping up her backpack and putting it by the door.

It was the day of their holiday and Isla was finishing packing her bag. Candi-Rose had taken her shopping the previous day and Isla had come home with various new items of clothing, which she was now packing into her backpack. Candi-Rose had tried to persuade Isla to buy only pink clothes, but she turned her around and came back with a range of clothing in splendid colours.

Once Jody and Isla had finished packing they took their bags downstairs and met everyone else in the dining room where they were eating breakfast.

"Is it time to go yet?" Floss asked.

"Not yet, Floss. We've got to wait for Tyler to come back from his meeting," Mike answered.

There was a moan from all the kids. They would have to wait even longer for their holiday.

After breakfast, it was Jody, Isla and Charlie's turn to do the washing up. When they were nearly finished, they heard the front door bang shut and Tyler entered the kitchen. He sat on a chair and sighed. It seemed like he had something on his mind.

"How was the meeting?" Jody asked, turning away from the plate she was washing in the sink.

"Um.....well....." Tyler paused.

"So, are we going on holiday or not?" he said, changing the subject.

"Lucky for you," Charlie said, taking the wet plate off Jody. She dried it and then passed it to Isla.

"We've just finished washing up," Isla said, putting the plate away in the cupboard. The girls smiled. Tyler didn't. He just sat there looking all upset.

"Are you alright?" Jody said; knowing that something was bothering him.

Tyler got up from his seat. "Yeah. I'm fine. I'll just go and get my bag."

He quickly raced out of the kitchen and went upstairs.

"What's up with him?" Isla said.

"I don't know," Jody replied.

He usually can't stop talking after a meeting with his social worker. He would often tell Jody so much information that she would tell him to stop. Maybe his social worker gave him bad news? News that he didn't want to repeat?

"Is it time for the beach now?" Sasha said, entering the kitchen. She had her sunglasses on and a large white sun hat that kept flopping in front of her face, obstructing her view.

"I'm going to go and talk to him," Jody said, racing upstairs after him.

"What's up with her?" Sasha asked.

Isla shrugged. "Tyler's in a mood."

Sasha laughed.

"What's funny?"

"It's just, she's not doing herself any favours."

Isla frowned in confusion.

Sasha sighed. "Trying to make us believe her and Tyler are 'just' friends."

Jody stood outside Tyler's room. She was running through what she was going to say in her head. After a few minutes, she knocked on the door.

"Tyler"

No answer

"Tyler, I'm coming in"

She burst open the door. Tyler was lying on his bed with his earphones in. He was shocked when he saw Jody. He quickly removed his earphones and sat on the side of the bed.

"You alright"

"I was about to ask you the same question," she said sitting beside him "did your social worker give you bad news?"

Tyler shook his head "no it's nothing like that"

"Well, what then?"

Tyler froze. He wasn't sure what to say. He looked at Jody. She generally looked concerned.

"It doesn't matter," he said at last

"Tyler, I want to help"

"Well, I don't need your help!" He snapped

"Fine!" Jody yelled, leaving and she slamming the door shut. She went into her and Isla's room only to find Isla sitting on her bed.

"Is he alright?" She asked. Jody shrugged her shoulders.

"Not sure, he won't tell me anything" she sat on the other bed.

There was a moment of silence. Isla has something on her mind. A question she wanted to ask Jody.

"Do you fancy Tyler?" She blurted out.

"What! No! Why would you think that?" Jody said in defence, her cheeks turning red.

"Sasha told me"

"Sasha needs to get her facts straight"

Isla looked at Jody. She was practically the colour of a tomato and she couldn't force herself to look at Isla, instead, she stared at the floor.

"You do, don't you?" Isla said

Jody panicked. If Isla thought this after just three days what did everyone else think?

"Of course not! We're just friends!" She yelled, leaving the room and slamming the door behind her.

Isla paused, bewildered by the conversation she had just had. She knew that Jody had a temper, but this was extreme. Maybe she does fancy Tyler?

"TIME TO GO!" Mike called from downstairs.

Isla decided that she was going to use their holiday as a chance to find out the truth.

***********************************************************************
I hope you enjoyed the fourth chapter. Let me know what you think in the comments and come back tomorrow to read the next part!

From writingrabbit6 xxx