Chapters 19-21

You look over at the screen and watch in terror as the room's floor ignites in fire. You see the boy recoile, but he remains calm and quickly puts out all the fire by shooting water from his hands. He has water powers, just like you!

(You) El, do you think he has the same powers as me?
(El) I don't know, but I hope so. Water by itself isn't going to last him long.

She nods her head towards the screen and you turn you focus back on the boy. The room remains still for a few seconds, but then the floor yet again shifts. All of a sudden millions of tiny plants sprout from the floor, but they don't stay tiny for long. They grow and grow up to the boy's knees in less that five seconds. However, he quickly responds with his flame thrower like hands and burns the plants away. You look at him in awe.

(You) he does share my powers! We both control the elements!

You look at El, excited to have someone like you, but before she can respond, the room shifts again. It goes on in the same pattern for what seems like an hour. Something will happen to the room and the boy quickly diminishes it with an element. Finally, nothing happens for a couple minutes when a voice over the loudspeaker causes all three of you to jump out of you skin.

(Loudspeaker Voice) TESTING COMPLETE

El quickly turns to look at you.

(El) wait for my signal

She whispers as the doors open and you guards come and grab you.

(Your Guard) your turn

He says it will a mischievous grin. You feel you stomach drop as he walks you out of the room. As soon as you enter the hallway you hear El

(El) NOW

She yells from behind you and you immediately force fire into your guard. You hear both men scream in pain as they let go of you and you take off down the empty hallway.

(El) THIS WAY

El yells as she takes a sharp turn. Just as you round the corner, you see the boy you observed in the room, surrounded by two of his own guards, and of course, Brenner.

(Brenner) well, look who we have here.did you two think it would be that easy to escape?
(El) actually, yah we did.

You look at El with a loss of words, how could she be so brave?

(Brenner) I believe you are sadly mistaken
(El) no, I think you are.

All of a sudden, you see El drop her chin and blood starts flowing out of the ears, eyes, and nose of the guards holding the boy

(Brenner) STOP THAT RIGHT THIS INSTANT

The guards release the boy and fall to the floor dead.

(Brenner) stop!You are weak, my eleven, you must heal and the only way we can heal that wound is here with me.

El falls to her knees and whispers

(El) y/n, do something
(You) leave her alone you monster!

You build up your emotion and force it all out on Brenner. You suddenly start to feel the ice escaping you hands, and in almost an instant Brenner is Incased in it

(Boy) Holy shit! You have ice powers too?
(You) yah, but there's no time for talking. Quickly, grab her and let's go before more guards come.

He goes and picks up El and you start down the hallway.

(El) Take a right, then a left

El croaks our directions as you travel down the empty, never ending hallways.

(El) the exit should be on your left

You look over and, sure enough, there's a huge set of doors.

(Boy) let's go

You push open the doors and are delighted to see the woods and feel the fresh air.

(You) let's go back to our friend Mike's house and we can figure out what to do from there
(Boy) sounds good

You start your long trek through the woods back to the suburbs of Hawkins. When you look to your trigger and hear a loud CRASH. You jump at the sound and look over. You see a squirrel get up and run away.

(You) Holy shit that scared me.
(Boy) yah, I thought Brenner sent somebody out to get us.

As you continue to walk with El slipping in and out of consciousness, you and the mysterious boy start to make small talk to pass the time.

(Boy) I cant believe there's another person like me! I knew there were other test subjects, but I didn't know we shared powers!
(You) yah, it's pretty cool to be able to have somebody who understands
(Boy) yah. Hey, what's your name? I never caught it back there.
(You) it's y/n. You?
(Boy) I'm Niles. My adoptive partners thought it fit me because of this.

He shifts El in his arms and pulls up his sleeve revealing his tattoo, reading 009. You pull up yours and put the numbers next to each other. 009 & 010

(Niles) nine and ten, interesting.

He looks up at you and you lock gazes for a good ten seconds. You feel yourself shiver and you're first to break the gaze and pull your hand away.

(You) we're almost to the end of the forest.

When we reach the road Mike's house is only a couple houses down.

(El) Mike? Y/n?

El weakly whispers

(You) it's okay El we are almost there.

You turn your attention back towards Niles

(You) We'll get El to Mike to help her heal and we'll figure out what to do from there.
(Niles) sounds good

You reach the road and start towards Mikes house. When you get there, you don't even get farther than a few feet before the door is flung open revealing a worried and disheveled Mike.

(Mike) El? Y/n? Is that really you? Wait... who the hell is this?