Chapters 28-30

Suddenly, you hear a familiar sequence of taps on you window. You know who it is before you even turn around. You glance at your door to make sure your parents didn't hear and walk over to the window to pull back the curtain. Just as you suspected, you see Will standing right outside the glass.

(You) Will! What are you doing here? You're not supposed to be here.
(Will) sorry to show up unexpectedly, I just saw you break into a dead sprint and I wanted to make sure you're ok.

You give a small smile thinking about Will's concern for you.

(You) oh yah I'm fine. I just remembered my parents didn't know where I was for the whole weekend so I wanted to get here as fast as I could. Turns out I could have waited just a little bit longer.
(Will) why? What happened?
(You) I'm grounded

You say with a sigh and Will looks at you with a worried look on his face.

(Will) can you still walk with me tomorrow?
(You) yah. The grounding is just a lockdown for the rest of the night, I should be fine tomorrow.
(Will) okay good

You both give each other a small smile and awkward silence fills the space.

(Will) y/n, can I ask you something
(You) sure
(Will)DoYouWantToGoToHomeComingWithMe?

Will blurts out, almost inaudible. It takes you a second to decipher, but after a few confused seconds you understand his rushed question.
Will Byers just asked you to be his Homecoming date!

(You) sure when is it?

You answer nonchalantly, trying to play it cool, but on the inside, you were freaking out.

(Will) great! It's a couple weeks from now, so I'm sure we can figure out the details later, but I'll see you tomorrow morning?
(You) yup, see you then

You say with a smile, and Will turns to walk away. Suddenly you get a sudden boost of confidence.

(You) oh, and Will...
(Will) yah y/n?

When he turns around and looks at you, you lean in through the window towards him. Right before you do the unthinkable, you're interrupted by your mom banging on the door.

(Your mom) Y/n! what's all that noise in there.

The sudden noise startles you and you hit your head on the window

(You) shit!

You whisper to yourself while rubbing your head and shutting the curtains on a shocked and confused Will. You quickly run over to your bed

(You) sorry Mom! I just had my radio playing. Trying to pass the time with some music.
(Your mom) no more radio! Remember you're grounded!

With that, she turns and walks away. You listen to her receding footsteps and wait until she is all the way down the hallway until you run back over to the window. You pull the curtains back, but to your surprise, Will is gone.

(You) I messed everything up

You whisper to yourself and walk back over to your bed. You ruined everything. You got excited when he asked you to HoCo and you freaked him out by trying to kiss him. How could you be so stupid? You stay awake all night, scrutinizing your actions. Finally, You manage to get some sleep, scared but excited to see Will again tomorrow morning.

You wake up the next morning still in your clothes from yesterday. You quickly change, do your hair, and rush downstairs.

(Your mom) hey you're up early, what's the rush?
(You) I promised my friend if we would walk to school together.
(Your mom) did you forget about your doctors appointment we have today.

You groan as you suddenly remember the dreaded appointment

(You) mom!! I told you I don't want to go to them! I still don't trust them. Can I please just go to school today?
(Your mom) sorry sweetie, but we need to go to this, you're not going to school today. And that's that.

With that she turns around and walks away, leaving you in the kitchen alone, stressed, and upset.

——- CUT TO THE CAR——-

(Your mom) c'mon y/n, we have to go

You stomp to the car and slam the door shut as you get in.

(Your Mom) you'll be fine, it won't be that bad. Plus, it's run by entirety new people after it was exposed by the government.

She says as she starts the engine and begins driving down the road. You wonder how your mom, somebody who always wants the best for you, could be so damn clueless.

(Your mom) they won't even have to know about your powers. It's just a regular old doctors appointment. It's just a coincidence that the new practitioner happens to have bought out the old lab

You sigh loudly, signally for her to stop talking, which she gladly does. (after giving you a harsh stare of course) the rest of the drive goes by silently. You look at the clock on the dashboard

7:35

You're officially late for school, and Will is probably still wondering where you are. Why did this have to happen when you were getting close to him? What was... You're suddenly jolted out of your thoughts by your mother's voice.

(Your mom) we're here

She says as she whips into a parking spot and slams the breaks. Your mom never really was a really good driver. As you walk in, you pass a sign on the front. The words Briker's Family Doctor are carved into wood that was lazily nailed over the old Hawkins Lab signs. You get a quick realization and you whip your head back to the sign. Why does Briker look so much like Brenner? Your pulse quickens as you continue into the haunting building. You take your seat in the waiting room as your mom checks in. You look around at the posters on the wall, and you breath hitches as you recognize a face on one of the posters. It's Niles standing next to a smiling woman in a nurse's outfit. Before you can even question the poster to your mom, your name is being called

(Nurse lady) y/f/n? Please follow me.

You slowly get up, a feeling of dread settling far into your stomach, and follow the lady through the cold, dark, hallway.