Chapters 43-45

(You) owww! Shit! My knee!

You yell and collapse to the ground. Max, who is right behind you, rushes to your aid and clamps her hand over your mouth to silence your screams.

(Max) shhh, it's okay.

Everyone struggles in the narrow hallway to see what is happening, and soon enough El joins your side too.

(El) y/n, what's wrong?

Max talked her hand off your mouth and answer through gritted teeth.

(You) it's my knee, it feels like someone is beating it! Oww!

Max's hand returns when you suddenly cry out again. After a few minutes of pain, you finally feel yourself return to normal.

(Dustin) are you good now? We really need to find Will.
(You) yah, Im really sorry. I just don't even know what that was. One second I was fine, and the next it felt like someone was beating my knee with a club.
(Max) it's okay, let's just get going.

All on edge, the party continues down the tunnel like hallway. After going around a quick bend, you finally reach a door.

(El) we don't know what's out there, so be prepared

You all give a small nod and El quietly opens the door. Luckily, there was no guards. You file out quickly and take in your surroundings.

(Dustin) you have to be shitting me.

All down the hallway there is 10x10 jail-like cells

(Max) do you really think they needed this many cells at one time?

She asks, worry creeping into her voice.

(You) I don't know, but let's not worry about that. Will has to be here somewhere.
(El) let's go right first.

You go the direction with the least amount of cells. As you creep closer you see one cell with a light on the lock. You point it out to El

(El) it's must be in use

You nod and creep closer. When you finally catch a glimpse of who was in the cell, you heart drops to your feet.

(You) Will? Is that you?

The party rushes over to see what you're looking at, and there's a collective gasp. Will is sitting unconscious, tied to a metal chair in the middle of his cell. You has bruising on his knee and his clothes and hair are tattered.

(Dustin) holy shit

You run up to the bars of the cell.

(You) Will? Will are you okay? Please, say something, anything.

You violently shake the bars in frustration after no response from Will and turn to El.

(You) El, open the these bars, I need to help him. I need to get to Will.

El nods and the bars bend slightly, allowing you to barely slip through, the rest of the group right behind you. You rush up to Will as Dustin and Lucas work on untying his restraints.

(You) Will! Will! Will please wake up!
(Mike) cmon Will, please

You grab Will by his shoulders and start shaking him. Suddenly you're pulled off of him by Max and you start sobbing into her arms.

(Max) shh, it's okay

You can't hear it over your sobs, but Will lets out a small groan and opens his eyes.

(Will) h-h, hello?

Everyone goes silence and turns their attention to Will.

(You) Will, Will are you really awake?

You run over to him without an answer and hug him tightly.

(Will) hey, what happened?

You pull away from the hug and look him in the eyes.

(You) you really don't know do you?

He shakes his head sadly.

(You) Brenner kidnapped you, but we'll explain everything further when we get home. Okay?
(Will) okay

You pull Will into another hug and it quickly becomes a group hug. Suddenly, a voice speaks up behind you.

(Brenner) not so fast.

You all spin around and face Brenner as he walks into the cell through your makeshift doorway.

(Brenner) I see you found your way through the building quite well.
(Max) we avoid you traps too!

He gives Max a smirk and send her a "shut-your-mouth" kind of look.

(Brenner) oh darling, you actually waltzed right into my trap. You see, my friend Will hear was only the bait, and the rest of you...

He points around to Max, Lucas, Mike, and Dustin,

(Brenner)... were only my pawns. Now, With El and y/n's help, I'll finally be able to finish my experiments.

You and the party send worried looks to one another, put stay in your ready stances.

(You) El and I are not your test subjects anymore. Let us go now or you will be sorry.
Brenner let's out an evil chuckle and presses a button on his watch. Suddenly, out of nowhere, seven armed guards appear from behind Brenner.
(Brenner) You see, Miss eleven and Miss Ten, you will cooperate with me, or YOU will be sorry.

Before you can blink two guards grab you and El and two guards grab Mike and Will. They hold the barrels of theirs guns to the boys' temples, all the while handcuffing their hands behind theirs backs.

(El) NO! please don't hurt them!
(Brenner) as long as you cooperate, the boys will be fine. For right now, we need to discard of the other three and continue with our tests.

He signals with his hand and three guards grab Max, Dustin, and Lucas and pull them out of the room and towards outside. Brenner then turns back to the remaining four of you.

(Brenner) let's switch locations to a more comfortable setting

You start down the long hallway when Will trips and falls to the ground.

(Guard) Get a move on

When Will struggles to get up, the guards hits him over the head with his baton. Suddenly, both you and Will yelp out in pain and fall to the floor....

A/N: Kinda boring but it's getting better. I'm playing with this *feeling each other's pain* thing and idk how it's working🤷‍♀️