Chapters 22-24

A/n: I will be starting a new story soon after I upload all chapters of this story that is already posted on my insta. It will just likely be set in today's time with the real actors so get excited! Also this chapter has a lot of drama so be prepared.

(Mike) El? Y/n? Is that really you? Wait... who the hell is this?
(Niles) hey, Im Niles I escaped the lab with...
(Mike) put her down!!
(Niles) dude Im on your side I don't mean...
(Mike) PUT EL DOWN!
(El) Mike?

Mike runs over to Niles and pulls El out of his hands

(Mike) El it's ok I'm right here

He carries her back to Lucas, and Dustin, who are standing in the doorway. Suddenly Max and Will come running out.

(Max) oh my god y/n, are you ok?
(You) yah, I think so.
(Will) I'm so sorry we left you with Troy back there.
(You) it's ok, I know you didn't want me to get hurt

You pull Will into a hug and Max joins in. After a couple seconds you pull away.

(You) I'm glad El and I are okay, but, Brenner is still out there.
(Will) oh no. wait, who is this?

Will gestures to Niles, who is standing awkwardly after just watching the ordeal between you Max and Will.

(You) oh, this is Niles, he helped El and I escape the lab. Let's go inside and check on El and we'll explain what happened.
(Max) ok sounds good

You four all walk in to Mike holding a tired El in his arms, Lucas holding blankets and Dustin holding food.

(You) is she feeling any better?
(Mike) Yah, she ate something and talked a little, but she fell back asleep.
(You) that's good, I want to wait for El to help me, but Niles and I have to tell you what happened in the lab, and from the information I could find, it's not pretty.

You and Niles go on to tell the party about the horrible things that went on, the tests Brenner was preforming on the subjects, and the effects it had on them. El woke up every now and then to say something. But you never were able to tell them about the Niles' powers. By the time you finished, everybody looked horrified.

(Mike) Brenner almost killed her, I have to find that bastard!

Mike gets up and starts walking towards the door.

(Will) Mike no! That's not what El...

But before he can finish, the door slams shut and Mike is gone. However, you suddenly see the door fling back open by itself. You look over and El is sitting up and focusing on Mike.

(El) somebody stop him please

El whispers and falls back unconscious on the couch. You get up to try to stop Mike, but Niles is already on it. All of a sudden Mike slips on a patch of newly formed ice and falls on his back

(Mike) Oww! Shit y/n stop trying to stop me and let me do this for El.
(Niles) it wasn't y/n
(Mike) well then who was it Sherlock? Y/n is the only one with element powers and I clearly just slipped on supernatural ice.
(You) no, I'm not. But instead of storming out to try to kill a guy without weapons who is MUCH more powerful than you, you should listen to what we have to do to keep EVERYONE safe.
(Mike) fine

Mike grumbles and reluctantly returns to his spot next to El on the couch

(You) one thing I didn't get to tell you guys when I was retelling what happened is about Niles.

You look over at Niles with a small smile, and he nods at you to continue.

(You) He and I share powers, we both control the elements.

You look around and everyone looks confused.

(Lucas) I thought every subject had different powers.
(You) yah, so did I, but I obviously that's not the case.
(Max) that's so cool y/n! Niles can help you master your powers better than El could. (Mike) but how do we know we can trust him.

Mike stands up and walks over to Niles. Standing about three inches shorter, Mike didn't look that intimidating.

(Mike) How do I know you're not working for Brenner? What if he's here to hurt El or the rest of us? What if...
(You) leave him alone Mike!

Mike turns around and glares at you.

(Mike) nothing would have happened to El if you hadn't come back to this town and mess everything up! How do you know Niles won't mess things up too?

With that, he turns around and walks away. Everyone is stunned into silence and you feel tears in your eyes.

(Max) y/n, he didn't mean it like that, he is just...
(You) no, it's okay. I better get going.
(Will) y/n, wait! Please don't go Mike is just...

You walk out the door before Will and Max finish and head down the street. You don't realize it until a couple houses down that Niles is with you.

(You) you don't have to come with me you know, you can go home.

He says nothing and you immediately realize your mistake.

(You) Wait! Do you even have a home?

Niles looks at your worried face and chuckles slightly.

(Niles) yes, I have a home. I got taken just like you and El. I actually live in the subdivision down there.

He points down a street to your left.

(Niles) But I'm not going to leave you right now because you're upset and I think you need somebody to at least walk with you.
(You) I'm not upset, and I don't need a body guard. I understand that Mike thinks you and I are weird, and I have to accept that everyone thinks we're weird!
(Nile) but isn't being normal boring?
(You) oh my god that's the most cliche sentence I've ever heard
(Niles) no I'm serious, we can practically manipulate any element whenever we want.
(You) but Mike is right, we're dangerous. I wouldn't trust me either.
(Niles) he doesn't mean it y/n. He just loves El so much that he can't see that letting in somebody new might not be that bad. Sometimes love makes people blind.

You stop walking and look at Niles. You suddenly feeling of butterflies as you and Niles move closer together in the middle of the street.

(You) Niles, what will happen to us?

You ask him, your bodies less than a foot away from each other.

(Niles) whatever you want

With that, you lean in and close the space between the two of you with a kiss.

A/n: Are you team Niles or team Will?