Chapters 25-27

With that, you smile at him and close the space between you two. You feel your lips connect with his, but suddenly he pulls away before you even realize what you just did.

(You) I'm sorry, I don't know what I was thinking. I took this all way too fast and I...
(Niles) y/n, you're okay.

He cuts off your rambling and you look up at him

(Niles) I only stopped you cuz I know you're really upset right now with what happened with Mike and I don't want you to do something you'll regret.
(You) why would I regret that?
(Niles) I know you're new here so you don't know much about people in this school, but once you figure everything out, you'll see why.
(You) What is that supposed to... Niles wait!

Before you can even finish your question,Niles turn around and walks to what you can only assume is his own house. You're left standing there, wondering what the hell just happened for a couple minutes when you hear your name being called from down the street.

(Will) y/n! Y/n! Wait up.

He pulls his bike up next to you, gets off, and starts walking.

(Will) I'm sorry about Mike back there.
(You) it's whatever, I don't expect him to fully trust me after all that's happened
(Will) I guess, but he jut loves El so much that he can't see that you helped her escape. Sometimes love...
(You) ...makes you blind?

You finish the sentence for him and he looks at you strangely.

(Will) how did you know I was going to say that, can you read minds too?
(You) no, but I did just get the same speech from Niles a couple of minutes ago when he was trying to make me feel better as well.
(Will) wait, where is Niles?
(You) he went home a a few minutes ago. His street is right over there.

You point to behind you guys.

(Will) WAIT! That's Niles Smith?
(You) umm, I don't know. We are not exactly on a last name basis yet. But if he is, what's the big deal?
(Will) it's a LONG story, but let's just say, Niles Smith is pretty well know around Hawkins, but not for any good reasons.
(You) really? But he seems like such a good guy.
(Will) you'd be surprised.

He looks down at his feet and shakes his head, all while walking.

(You) Will?
(Will) yah y/n?
(You) what did Niles do that made everybody think of him so badly?
(Will) more like who did he do.i hear the list is pretty long.

You're stunned into silence for a few seconds. Niles? A 15 year old f-boy? No way.

(You) wow, I thought he was a good guy. He was so nice to El and I when we escaped the lab.

You flashback to just a few hours ago. He was so sweet, he even walked you home when he knew you were upset. And the kiss, if you can even consider it a real kiss. Is he really that bad of a guy in real life?

(Will) y/n? Y/n?
(You) sorry, I kinda spaced out, what were you saying?
(Will) still talking about Niles's shitty reputation around here.
(You) I'm surprised I haven't heard about his bad reputation yet. I guess it's because I don't have any classes with him. Do you?

Will chuckles to himself before continuing

(Will) Y/n, you do know he's in tenth grade right?

You cover your face with your hands to cover up your blushing cheeks. How could you be so stupid? You think to yourself, then your thoughts immediately shifts. You kissed a tenth grader without even knowing it!

(You) omg Im so stupid, but I guess that does make sense. I was wondering why he was taller than you and the boys.

You both laugh a little until Will stops walking and turns towards you.

(Will) y/n, I really need to ask you something....
(You) okay... go ahead
(Will) I know you probably don't want to, but can you still walk with Mike and I to school tomorrow?

You look at him, he has a little sparkle of hope in his eye, making you really want to say yes. God, how easily you could get lost in those beautiful brown eyes.

(Will) Y/n?
(You) sorry, just thinking. Guess I'm a little spacey today.

You try to laugh it off but he caught you staring. You can feel your cheeks getting red again, but you think back to his question. You really want to walk with Will, you feel like you two have a connection. However, you also want to avoid Mike at all costs after the incident.

(You) I guess, just promise you'll tell Mike first? I don't want him flipping out. I don't need that on my Tuesday morning.
(Will) promise

He says it with a small chuckle.

(You) ok, well this is my street. I'll see you tomorrow morning?
(Will) yup. Bye y/n
(You) bye Will

You and Will go your separate ways, leaving you walking alone and more confused about you feelings than ever.
Suddenly you realize, you've been gone for almost 2 full days and your parents haven't heard from you. You tear into a sprint the rest of the way home and burst through the door ad your parents come rushing up to you.

(Your mom) it's about time young lady!
(Your Dad) you had us worried sick! We were about to call the police.
(You) I'm so sorry. I made some new friends on Friday and I ended up crashing at one's house. I completely forgot to tell you guys, I'm so sorry.

You make sure to leave out the whole being captured with El thing. You can't jeopardized your parents making you move again.

(Your mom) I'm glad you made friends, but you know I still have to punish you.

You internally groan as she deals out her grounding.

(Your mom) no friends, landline. or tv for the rest of the day.

No matter the amount of pleading and begging, you were still sent up to your room to serve your sentence. After sitting on your bed for what feels like hours, you suddenly hear a familiar sequence of taps on your window...