Chapters 31-33

You slowly get up, a feeling of dread settling far into your stomach, and follow the lady through the cold, dark, hallway. You take a couple of turns and finally get to your room at the very end.

(Nurse lady) here is your room, Dr Briker will see you in a moment

There was that name again. Briker. Why did it give you such a bad feeling? Why does this whole place give you such a bad feeling? The door closes behind the nurse and leaves you and your mom in a small room with a sink, two chairs, and a small patients table. The walls are a plain grey and covered in the regular doctors instruments. But just like everything in the room, they look fake. You're about to test your theory when the door swings open.

(Doctor) hello, how are we doing today?

He has his head down, looking at his clipboard, but when he brings his head up you hear yourself gasp. It was Brenner. Thankfully your mom didn't hear you and just smiled and answered Brenner's "sincere" question.

(Your mom) we are doing great today! Just here for a regular checkup.

She looked so cheerful, if only she knew who she was putting your safety in the hands of.

(Brenner) Great! I'm Dr. Briker and I'll be taking care of you today. We'll be doing just a regular vitals check and a quick physical and then we'll get you on your way.

He smiles at you mom, but his face turns into a glare as soon as he turns away and meets your eyes. You gladly return the look. Brenner then begins to go through the regular doctor procedures: blood pressure, heart beat, reflexes, etc. But you get the same feeling of dread from when you first came in when he goes to check your ears. Sure enough, your supusimos are confirmed when you feel something ice cold on your inner ear. You wince and pull away quickly.

(Brenner) sorry, just my otoscope, it's pretty cold today.

You don't believe it for one second, it's literally 70 degrees out, but you let it go. As long as he doesn't take you anywhere, there's not much he could do.

(However, you later realize how wrong that assumption really was...)

(Brenner) okay, you guys should be good to go. The checkout is down the hall where you can pay and schedule your next appointment.
(Your mom) great! Thank you so much Dr Briker

He smiles back at you two as you exit the room, before you let the door shut you look back and Brenner's whole face shifts

(Brenner) this isn't over Ten

You quickly turn back to your mom, but's she's already half way down the hall, so you sprint to catch up with her.After your mom checks out, you finally get to leave. You both hop in the car and start the drive home. As you pull in the driveway, you practically jump out while the car is still moving.

(Your mom) since when do you like school so much?
(You) since I actually have friends.

Your mom shrugs and unlocks the door for you. Its 1:15 so you can still make it to your last class. You quickly grab your stuff and rush out the door. When you finally get to school you sprint to 6th hour and take your normal seat next to Will. You look over at him, but he just glares at you for one second and quickly looks away? What did you do wrong? Did something happen? You look over at Dustin for an answer, but he won't meet your eyes.

(Teacher) y/n! Eyes on the boards
(You) sorry

The rest of the class is filled with unmet, hopefully looks to Dustin and Will. Finally the bell rings, and everyone rushes out of the room. You miss Will, but eventually catch up to Dustin

(You) Dustin, what's wrong? What did I do?
(Dustin) y/n? You do realize Will actually cares about people?

Dustin snaps at you, causing you to pause and take a step back before countering.

(You) I know! So do I! My mom made me go to this stupid doctors appointment and I couldn't tell Will in time!
(Dustin) really? Because Mike made it pretty clear the only doctor you saw today is Dr Smith
(You) what? Who the hell is Dr Sm....

Before you can even finish your question, Dustin turns and leaves. Then, after standing in the middle of the courtyard for a good five minutes, your slow brain finally connects the dots. SHIT... Niles SMITH. Why did Mike say you were with Niles? After figuring out Dustin's comment you quickly bike form to school to Will's house. You drop you bike and run over to Will's window and tap you secret code. You hear footsteps and the blinds open quickly

(Will) what do you want?

He snaps, half hidden by the blinds

(You) Will, I'm so sorry. I swear, Mikes lying. My mom forced me to the doctors and I didn't get a chance to tell you. I even have a doctors note!
(Will) sure

He closes the blinds in you face

(You) wait! Will please!

But instead of opening the blinds, the window slams shut with a loud thud, leaving you standing in shock outside of the Beyer's house. Almost in tears you walk back down the road. However, when you get to your road, your sadness turns to anger. How dare Mike lie to Will about you? You turn on your heals and head to Mike's house. When you knock on then door, you hear a women's voice.

(Woman) I'll get it!

You quickly adjust your scowl to a smile just as the door opens.

(Woman) oh hello. Who are you?
(You) oh I'm y/n, nice to meet you!
(Mrs. Wheeler) oh hi y/n! I've heard so much about you. I'm Mrs. Wheeler, nice to meet you too.
(You) so, I was just wondering if I could talk to Mike about some homework we had.
(Mrs. Wheeler) oh I'm sorry hun, Mike's out with his friends in the junkyard.
(You) oh okay, I guess I'll go see him there. Thank you!
(Mrs. Wheeler) your welcome sweetie. Have fun!

You and Mrs. Wheeler exchange smiles and you turn around and start towards the junkyard. You can feel you powers boiling inside of you. Mike didn't know it yet, but he messed with the wrong girl...
~
~
~
A/N: Sorry for being really inactive, I have been grounded for almost a week and I couldn't sneak my phone to upload😫. Also will be almost done catching this story up so I will be starting a new story. So comment which boy (Wyatt, Finn, Noah, Jaeden, etc.) you want it to center around. ILY all so much and stay stranger my dudes💕
~Ashley