Run Theory

For much of the Korean music video the members are seen 'running', much like the title name. Throughout the music video the boys were depicted as going wild and breaking laws along with partying.

There are many theories in this music video. One theory states the music video is about friendship, growth, and the loss of innocence. Water is used throughout the MV. Member V is seen falling backwards into water at the start of “Run” and struggling to swim throughout, but at the end he emerges from the water unharmed. Jimin also drowns in a bathtub, and is also seen being pushed into it and playfully being forced under.

Another one of the theories is that one of the members is 'dead', specifically member Jin. First, we have V striking an "X" across Jin's chest – meaning he's the one different and not supposed to be there with all of them. Later, we have Jin building up a house of cards, only for V to break it down. One of their B-tracks is called "House of Cards" and the lyrics from it state a house of cards is something they're trying to be happy in even though they know it'll break. There are also many scenes where Jin is singled out. He stays in the truck and the rest of them run off and leave Jin behind. At the end of the music video there is a polaroid in Jimin's hand and Jin was not in it.

For the Japanese version of the music video, there is also a lot of symbolism. One theory is the boys are remembering and thinking about the most haunting yet important memories they have. The words 'PRO MEMORIA" is written on the wall that is behind the boys during their chorography scenes. It is Latin for the word, "memory". Member Jungkook also scrunches up a blue rose which are said to symbolize "goals which are impossible to achieve".