about BTS Performance in MMA 2019

If you watch Melon Music Awards last  Nov. 30 2019 you love this.

BTS performed a set of “Intro: Persona,” “Boy in Luv,” “Boy With Luv,” “Mikrokosmos,” and “Dionysus.” BTS’s MMA 2019 performance showcased BTS’s growth over their career and placed an emphasis on the members’ individual styles. Nothing short of spectacular, the performance demonstrated that BTS is on another level, and it’s a level western award shows have not yet reached.

BTS included a throwback track in their MMA performance
RM opened BTS’s performance with his solo, “Intro: Persona.” The set pieces mirrored the song’s music video. The stage also included hints of BTS’s future albums Map of the Soul: Shadow and Map of the Soul: Ego and references to past work. After finishing his “Intro: Persona” performance, RM was joined by the other members of BTS for a throwback performance of “Boy in Luv.”
T

he song took fans back to BTS’s Skool Luv Affair era from 2014. It immediately flowed into BTS’s 2019 hit, “Boy With Luv” which acts as a follow-up to “Boy in Luv.” The two songs showed BTS’s growth and versatility as artists.
Like they did during their Love Yourself: Speak Yourself tour, BTS built their own galaxy with “Mikrokosmos.” As BTS sang, they were surrounded by galaxy imagery making it appear like they were truly floating in space. For this song, it was no longer MMA 2019, it was a BTS concert
.
Towards the end of the song, a screen rose into the air, displaying the words “I love you” in different languages. With this, BTS’s message of love was clear. More importantly, it reminded viewers that BTS has broken down barriers and touched audiences around the world. 
Going into the 2019 MMAs, fans wondered how BTS could possibly top their performance from last year’s awards show. The final song of BTS’s MMA 2019 stage put aside any wondering. The group ended their iconic set with “Dionysus” from their 2019 EP, Map of the Soul: Persona.

“Though we may be small, we will stay where we are, doing what we do.”

Before “Dionysus” began,
each member of BTS performed a solo dance break to a past BTS song. V danced to “No More Dream” and Jin appeared on a horse figurine before dancing to “Danger.” Jimin appeared angelic as he danced to “I NEED U,” and then the stage transformed into “Fire” for Suga to embrace his trademark imagery from BTS’s HYYH era Jungkook shocked everyone as he performed in a pool of water to “Save Me,” and J-Hope showed off his dance skills to “Fake Love.” RM ended the individual dance breaks with “Dionysus,” boldly walking onstage to pick up his cane. 
BTS proceeded to perform “Dionysus” surrounded by Greek imagery, back-up dancers of different races, and harpists. Through rapid-fire choreography, BTS conveyed a confidence and urgency. Before the final verse, the group performed a dance break to “Dionysus” remixed with their 2013 song “N.O,” displaying their remarkable talent even more.

BTS is on a level no one can reach

“Dionysus” proved to be the perfect song to cap off BTS’s set. With the performance, BTS were bold and powerful. They were a group at the top of their game, on a level no one else can reach. With the incorporation of “Boy in Luv” and the individual dance breaks, BTS revisited each era that brought them to this point.

BTS finished the 2019 MMAs with a clean sweep, winning eight awards with four of those being daesangs, or grand prizes. The group won Record of the Year, Artist of the Year, Album of the Year, and Song of the Year. In 2013, BTS won Rookie of the Year at the MMAs.

At the MMAs, BTS was properly recognized for their achievements. The awards show put an emphasis on artists and their performances. In doing so, BTS proved their artistry and talent is something that cannot be replicated or reached. They are on another level, and it’s a level some western award shows cannot see.

Here RM Speech:

I honestly don’t know if we deserve this award, among all the artists who are here in front of us and who made great music this year.

— RM

In 2013, we won the rookie award. We thought we were being pranked. By 2016, we won song of the year… we thought that was a prank too. Now that it’s 2019… We’re wrapping up the 2000s with such a huge honor. We’re in our 7th year together, guys!

— RM

RM shared that — no matter how many awards the group has won inside and outside Korea — big events like the MMA are always so humbling and make BTS think about their impact on the world.

When we go home after awards shows like this, we feel… you know. We feel very humbled. Like, all we have ever done is make music in our studios, dance in the practice rooms, then perform on these stages. So we end up asking ourselves, do we really have the power to do anything? Are we doing anything?

— RM

RM pointed out though, even in places of doubt, ARMYs help BTS realize that they are, in fact, doing things with their music and making change. And for that, RM promised, BTS will continue to do as they have always done — spreading music and love, bringing positivity to the world, and “lighting up ARMYs’ nights”.

"But through those long dark nights, you guys lit the way for us. So though we may be small, we will stay where we are, doing what we can, what we know how to do, doing what we do best… and we will try to light up the way for your long dark nights. We love you guys."

— RM

"In the beginning, I did not shine so bright. I only knew to do my best to shine but we found each other and our universe was born. Now let us shine on each other." 🌌

"We're no longer small. Just as the universe expands, our universe will last forever." — Kim Namjoon 2k19

Congratulations Bangtan and Army teamwork is the best work to make a history on Music industry, the universe glad to have you (BTS)  we are so proud (all Army) we love you  and we are here no matter what. We  purple you. Saranghae Bangtan fighting!