Wings

Wings is the second Korean-language studio album (fourth overall) by South Korean boy bandBTS. It was released on October 10, 2016 by Big Hit Entertainment.[better source needed] The album contains fifteen tracks, including a solo track for each of the seven members. Heavily influenced by Hermann Hesse's bildungsroman, Demian, the album consists of themes of temptation and growth. Wings is supported by the lead single, "Blood Sweat & Tears". The album was reissued under the title You Never Walk Alone on February 13, 2017. It contains eighteen tracks in total including the lead singles "Spring Day" and "Not Today".

From September 4 to 13, 2016, Big Hit Entertainment released a series of short films for each member to promote a new upcoming comeback The short films started with Jungkook's "Begin",Jimin's "Lie",V's "Stigma",Suga's "First Love"RM's "Reflection", J-Hope's "Mama", and ended with member Jin's "Awake". The comeback announcement was done right after Big Hit Entertainment released a statement on August 31, about BTS' third global official fan club concert, which the new comeback will be performed for the first time.

Wings

On September 25, BTS released a comeback trailer, on YouTube, featuring member J-Hope rapping skills as a solo and consists of a boy’s mind meeting a devil called ‘temptation’. Later from September 28 to October 4, Big Hit Entertainment released the concept photos of the album on official Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook page revealing the album will be available in four versions of physical albums; W, I, N and G version. The album's track list was then released on October 5 on the official website and Twitter account. A music video teaser was also released on October 7 on YouTube, indicating "Blood Sweat & Tears" would be the title track. Big Hit Entertainment lastly revealed the design and details of the physical album which it will be accompanied with its photobook, polaroid, mini standee and poster

During the press conference for the release of their album, leader RM explained, "The harder a temptation is to resist, the more you think about it and vacillate. That uncertainty is part of the process of growing. "Blood Sweat & Tears" is a song that shows how one thinks, chooses, and grows." Symbolism such as the 'wings' were representations of growth, with SUGA adding, "The song relays an optimistic determination to use our wings to go far, even if we are met with temptations in life." Jungkook explained during the group's comeback preview show on V LIVE, that his solo track, "Begin", was about his journey to Seoul and meeting the BTS members. V revealed his song, "Stigma", describing it as "a song under the neo-soul genre". J-Hope described his song, "MAMA" as unforgettable, as it was about his childhood emotions for his mother. "Awake" was Jin's first experience in co-composition. RM revealed, the 14th track, "Two! Three! (Still Wishing For Better Days)" was the first official fan song. The song "Am I Wrong" samplesKeb' Mo's 1994 jazz/blues song "Am I Wrong" and the album credits Kevin Moore as co-writer and co-producer.

You Never Walk Alone

On November 18, 2016, Big Hit Entertainment released a teaser trailer for an upcoming concert tour of Wings while revealing the ticketing schedulewith ticket sales starting on December 21. They later announced BTS' comebackwhich will be on February 13, 2017with part two of Wings. On February 2 and 3, the concept photos were released on the group's official Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter accounts, indicating that the physical album will be available in two versions, Left and Right version. The track list was then released on BTS' official homepage and Twitter account on February 7, revealing the track "Outro: Wings" as a remake from BTS' previous album. A music video teaser was released on YouTube on February 10 hinting at the new title track, "Spring Day". They also released the design and details of the physical album, which will be accompanied by a photobook, photocard, mini standee, and poster.On February 11, the second music video teaser was released on YouTube, and revealed "Not Today" as another lead single of the album.

You Never Walk Alone album is a continuation of "Wings". It contains stories that were not included in the previous album. The album also contains messages of hope and consolation to heal the youth of the generation