Love Yourself: 承 Her Notes

A collection of 22 notes from the physical copies of Love Yourself: 承 Her elaborate the storyline first introduced in BTS' HYYH era.

It’s important to note that these are fictitiously written, and the members of BTS did not write these. Their characters for this storyline wrote these notes. None of the events mentioned happened in real life.

Seokjin
2 March YEAR 19

I followed my father into the principal's office. It had a damp smell. It had been 10 days since I returned from America, I heard that I had to start a year lower because the education system was different. "I am leaving him in your hands," my father said. When he put his hands on my shoulders I flinched without knowing.

"School in general is a dangerous place, we need order and control." The principal said this while staring dead into my eyes. Every time he spoke, the fat around his wrinkly cheeks and mouth would shake. The inside of his lips were dark red. "Don't you think so as well?" I was hesitating at the abrupt question and my father squeezed my shoulders harder. The sensation caused shocks to go up and down the muscles of my neck. "I trust that you'll do well." The principal persistently continued to make eye contact and my father squeezed me tighter. He clenched his fists around my shoulders to the point that my bones felt like they would shatter. My body was shaking and dripping with cold sweat. "You have to tell me right now. Are you going to be a good student?" The principal asked me this with a straight face.

"Yes." I squeezed out a response and the pain disappeared. I heard the laughter of my father and the principal. I couldn't raise my head. I could only see the brown shoes of my father and black shoes of the principal. I didn't know where the light was coming from but it twinkled. I was scared of the light.

Seokjin
11 April YEAR 22

I went to the sea alone. Through the camera lens, the sea stretched far and wide. It was so blue. The light reflecting off the water and the wind in the trees were familiar sights. If you asked me if anything had changed, I would've answered by saying that it was me who changed as a person. Pressing the camera button, the scenery in front of my eyes changed to the day from 2 years and 10 months ago. It disappeared just as quickly. That day we had sat by the beach shoulder-to-shoulder. We were exhausted. We had nothing and had no idea of what the future held. The only thing we knew was that we were at least together.

Seokjin
15 August YEAR 22

I stepped on the brakes after realizing I had unknowingly increased my speed while driving away from the intersection. The cars behind me honked in annoyance and passed me. It sounded like somebody cursed at me, but I couldn't hear due to the city noise. I saw a small flower shop in the right alley corner. I didn't make a sudden stop because I'd seen the flower shop, but rather it felt like I'd seen the flower shop after making a sudden stop.

The store was under construction and I didn't have high expectations when I approached the owner tidying up in corner of the flower shop. I'd already visited a couple of flower shops, but none of those florists knew of the existence of this flower. They showed me flowers that looked similar in color, but I wasn't looking for something similar. The flower had to be the real one. The shop owner stared at my face after hearing the name of the flower. The owner then said the flower shop had not officially opened yet, but said they could deliver. They asked me why I needed that specific flower.

As I steered the wheel and entered the road again, I pondered the inquiry. The reason why I needed this specific flower, I had only one reason, was because I wanted to make them happy. I wanted to see them happy. I wanted to be a good person.

Yoongi
25 June YEAR 20

I opened the door with a loud slam and took out the envelope from inside the last drawer of my desk. As I turned the envelope around a piano key fell to the floor with a sound. I threw the half burned piano key in the trash can and laid down on my bed. The emotions that were brought up hadn't simmered down yet. My breathing was a mess. My fingers suddenly covered with singe.