- c h a p t e r s i x -

PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT!! THIS CHAPTER DOES CONTAIN SOME MATURE MOMENTS, IF YOU ARE UNCOMFORTABLE WITH THAT, I WILL PUT A STRAIGHT LINE AT THE START AND END OF IT SO YOU CAN SKIP IT! 

Edit: If you read this part when I first posted, re-read, I changed it.

"J-Jug, what the hell do we do. Who put it there. Oh my god - oh my god! Someone is after us, what if we're next. What is happening?" Betty shakes. Her eyes were wide and her arms holding her shoulders, clearly frightened. 

She continues to rant on.

I hold her by the shoulders and look into her eyes. 

"Listen to me. We're safe, whoever this was is trying to scare us. We're gonna go to the police, everything will be fine, okay?" I say calmly, although my heart was racing at the speed of light.

She nods while forcing a smile to avoid tears. "Yeah, okay."

"Come here." I bring her into a hug. "Don't worry about it." 

"Come on, we have to go the station."

I pick up the jacket and put it back into the box to take it with us.

As we close the door behind us, I make sure it is locked. I was sure I had locked it when we left at sunset, but now I had to be extra careful.

~~ 

We barge into the station.

"We need to speak with Sherrif Keller." Betty says.

"He's busy right now." says the woman at the desk.

"You don't understand. This is an emergency. About the Jason Blossom case." I say.

As the name comes out of my mouth, the womans hand immediately reaches for the phone.

"Sherrif Keller," she says into the phone, "I have two kids here- No, I know your busy but it's about the Jason case. They say it's important. Okay. Alright."

"First door on the right." she says after hanging up.

Betty and I practically run to the hall on the right, opening up the Sherrif's office door. He shuts his computer as we come in.

"Ah, Betty and Jughead. Just who I thought it would be. What is it this time? It better be good, I've got stuff to do." he says.

Betty places the box on his desk.

"Open it." I say.

He raises an eyebrow as he sits up straight from his chair.

"Go ahead."

He opens it up and places the lid on the floor, astonished at what was inside.

"Where did you kids get this?" he says standing up before taking out the jacket.

"We were at Jughead's trailer before going out for a date. When we came back, it was there. We swear, we had nothing to do with it. We have no idea who did it, how they got in or why they put it there, we just thought it was the right thing to do bringing it here." explains Betty.

"There was no hints as to who it could be?" he asks.

"Nothing, everything was untouched, just this box." I reply.

"It was smart of you kids to bring this here, thank you. We'll run some print tests, see if there are any identifiable finger prints." he nods.

"Alright, thanks for you time Sherrif." I say as I walk out of room, Betty trailing behind me.