Maybe I was Not Over You

Soundtrack: Gavin DeGraw- Not Over You

*I hope this lightened your mood my dear readers from the too much angst I put you through.Happy reading😍

Third Person POV:

She stepped her foot inside the threshold.Suddenly she felt so alienated with how things are in this once familiar place like a taste of iron at the back of her mouth.People in expensive suits pacing back and forth like tiny working ants.For Chaeyoung the sight was dizzying.She was too once upon a time was like each of them busy being 'busy' and didn't know things any better.Forgetting how it was like to really live and spend time to things that truly matter in life. For her it was like a disillusionment of the illusion,now that she thought of it herself.

Twelve years.

The number of years she devouted herself working for this engineering and architectural firm.Twelve years of sleepless nights,countless cups of cafe'arabica in hand,stock pile of blueprints,incessant client meetings and  the buzz of the intercom reverberating inside her modern minimalist office with a glass panelled windows overlooking the city of Boston.

For her it's seems pretty ironic how her dreams started   here at the same time it's also pathetic to think that it is also where her hopes  and dreams crashed and burn to the ground.

This tall edifice,the tallest in Boston,one of the nicely built skycrapers located in the heart of the city is the one who killed and smothered her dreams to pieces for her family,moreover to her marriage.

Steffian Bradley Engineering and Architect Incorporated killed her dreams.

Right now she saw things in pale and not vivid color inside this building. Everything comforting and familiar had become seemingly lifeless to her.Things inside already lose its charm and appeal.

Everything was for her.

She pressed the cold button with a number 42 on the keypad.The heavy machine hummed and goes to a lift.
She was wearing her usual gun metal lady's corporate blazer underneath a simple pink v-neck shirt,blue acid wash jeans and black keds.If these were like the old days she had opted to wear a lady's suit to impress her clients.Expensive  business suits with Gucci and Prada  or Armani labels but those things nowadays already lose it's appeal to her.Like a  gum that lose its sweet flavor after chewing for a very long time.

She was alone inside the boxed platform, the inside was a well polished  silver metal.Chaeyoung saw her reflection,looking up she felt the chills running from her spine on the evident changes she had.Not only with her appearance but with everything in general but also with her overall perspective in life.These days she opted to settle for something subtler,to make her life less turbulent.Less crazy.

Two days ago ever since she stepped into the tarmac of Boston Logan International airport the firm had been constantly pestering to get her again to work because that's how badass good she was in her field.As far as she could remember her resignation was definite and there was no turning back.

This was how everybody was crazy about her with her ideas,with her future prospects for the firm,how good she was sealing the deal with builders and brokers,how everyone would die to catch a glimpse of her blue prints and designs.She was the "hall of famer" architect Son with a prestige masters degree in architecture and designs at M.I.T.

Yeah she was that batshit brilliant architect every firm was dying to have.

Now she had to seal the deal before she felt like banging her head on the wall.The platform halted and she immediately proceeded to a glass panneled door with a dangling sign above indicating the head director's office.She pushed the mettalic knobs,inside she saw a figure of a tall woman with her back against her who is seemed lost to her own musings with arms crossed as she looked at the grandiose skyscrapers hovering the city.