Chapter 26 Before the accident.

3 HOURS EARLIER.

"Thanks so much for dinner, mom."

"Oh my pleasure." She smiled finishing the rest of her plate.

"I.....I..I'm going to make a quick phone call. Excuse me."

Cara gave her a look with a sly smile, before idina stepped outside the back door.

"Hi, this is Kristin chenoweth. Please leave a message. Beep."

"Hi, kris. It's me. I wanted to see how you were doing..it's been a couple of days since we last talked. Haha, Long Island is great. Feels like home again. But not manhattan home... Not us.. I miss you a lot. My mother invited us both over in December...but...w-we can talk about that later. Um..I miss you, and really um..love you...and I can't wait to see you tomorrow. Well, sweet dreams. Call me back when you can, bye." Idina smiled against the phone leaving Kristin a voice mail.

-Meanwhile-

Kristin was rehearsing  the fight call, backstage for wicked. When they had finished, she walked back with shoshanna bean, to grab a coffee just outside the theater.

"Hey, so how's it going? How are things?"

"Oh, pretty good. Not too busy which is nice huh?" Kristin giggled.

"Yeah, for sure. It's always a pleasure to fill in for Idina at wicked. The show's amazing. And I'm very lucky to accompany THE amazing kristin chenoweth." She smirked.

"Awe, shoshanna, you're a wonderful Elphaba. It's a pleasure, always." She smiled back.

"Hm not as much as ms IDINA MENZEL right?" Shoshanna joked.
"No!" Cheno laughed.
"You guys have such great chemistry. Truly, I love you two together." She smiled, nudging her side,  walking into Starbucks. 
"W-what?" Cheno laughed.
"You know, in the show together..." She smiled assuringly.
"Oh. Ofcourse." Kristin smiled.

They continued to talk about their lives and work. Shoshanna filled in once a month for idina, then every time in between when she can't come in to work.

The two women, sat and had some coffee, when Kristin's voice mail tone went off. She smiled, her cheeks glowing, seeing it was from Idina.

"What is it?" Shoshanna asked.

"Oh, just ...a friend." She tried to pull off.

"Right. Can I guess? Is it idina?"

"Idina?"

"Yeah, oh it is! Ha. I was right."

"How did you know?"

"Because you only smile like that when she's around. Or being talked about. You two are so close, it's cute. I think you guys have the best chemistry."

"T-that's for s-sure." Kristin smiled, loving idina and finishing listening to her voice mail. Her cheeks blushed deeply hearing her sweet voice.

"Thank you."

"So is coming back tomorrow? Right?"

"Yes, she was visiting family this week, while her sister was in town."