Chapter 10

2003

Marley's point of view

Its been a few years without Brian. Jimmy is on tour right now and so its just me at the house. I went to the doctor the other day and the diagnosed me with depression. No shit. Brian left without explaination. I still don't understand but whatever. 3 months ago I broke up with my boyfriend. The only reason he was with me was he had a crush on Jimmy and tried to hit on him. What a dick. So, yea. The only thing I have now is my singing. I was signed by a little record company. Go me!! Jimmy doesn't know yet because it just happened. I'm going there to record today.

I grab my song book and head over to the studio. The first song I sing is Brian's song called "Come back."

My heart still aches from the day you left. My heart still aches from words you said.

Did what we have mean anything? Is it easy to go everyday without me?

Do you wish that things were how they used to be? Do you wish that you could take back the words you said to me?

Come back to the days where we lived with no care. Come back to the days when you were always there. Oh,come back to when....
come back to when.

And so on... We finished recording what I needed to do today. So I head to my other job. I work at a music store. I love it there. Im surronded by my favorite thing. Music. But one thing that sucks about working here is the memories. Brian bought his first guitar here. Matt bought some of the equipment for the band here. Jimmy bought his drum set here.

"Excuse me? Where are the bass guitars?" Someone asks.

I look up and it's my brother. He smirks.

"Your little minions are gone. Aren't  they? I made sure of it." He laughs.

"The bass guitars are over there brother." I point to the wall.

"Thanks sis. So. I have a question. How does it feel to lose your best friend. Your world. The person you trust the most?"

"It hurts like hell." I tear up.

"I know. Now you know how I felt when you left. I made sure Brian would leave you. I told him that you hated him. I told him that you were fooling around with his Dad and that was the only reason you were friends."

"Wow. I never realized how you felt. What the fuck? Why would you do that? I'm so lost without him. You seem to be getting along fine without me. Im depressed Matt. Look at my fucking wrists." I cry at him. I pull up my sleeve. "Please get out of the store. Oh, and thanks for being the best big brother." I laugh sarcastically.

"Oh, Marley. I didn't realize. I will try to fix this." He grabs my arm.

"Leave." I say coldly while pulling my han back.

"Sis, Im sorry. I love you. I didn't mean to hurt you." He starts to cry while walking out.

What just happened?

Oh yea. My brother drove away my best friends.

My shift is over and I head home. What a day. I start to cry when I hear Brian and I's favorite song "wish you were here" by Pink Floyd.

I pull up to my drive way to see Jimmy standing there. I park and run up to him.

"JIMMY!!!"

"MARLEY!!! OH HOW IVE MISSED YOU!!!"

I run into his arms and let all the tears out. I have missed him so much.

"Let me unlock the door." I laugh.

We talk for a little bit then he goes upstairs to shower. I make some dinner for us and start watching a movie . Jimmy grabs his plate and joins me.

"How was the tour?" I ask.

"It was great but it was extremely boring without you." He whines.

"I bet it was." I laugh.

"Yea, we didn't perform as well because you weren't there to pump us up."

"Aww. Im sorry slim. I wish I could've gone. But I need to talk to you about what happened today."

"Alright." He focuses his attention to me.

"But before that. I'll tell you the good news. I FINALLY GOT SIGNED BY SOMEONE!!!" I yell.

"Holy fuck. Seriously. IM SO PROUD OF MY GIRL!!!." He pulls me into a hug. "Now the bad stuff."

"Dang. I was hoping it would distract you." I laugh. "Anyways, my brother stopped by at work. It turns out he fed Brian lies about me."

Jimmy looks shocked.

"So I went off on him. I told him about the doctor and what..." I stopped myself.

"Ahem. Doctor? And what else Marley Jade."

"I have really bad depression. That it."

"Fuck. What else Marley? There is something else." He start to yell.

"Nothing James. It's nothing."

"Dont you fucking lie to me."

"This, alright. This. This was the only thing that took away the fucking pain." I yell while lifting up my sleeves.

"Oh fuck." I grabs me and doesn't let go.

"I'm sorry I haven't been here for you. Im sorry."

"You know what? Its fine. Thats the exact thing Brian said. But apparently I'm too much to handle and Im bitchy. I dont want to lose you too Jimmy."

He doesn't say anything. I only feel his tears falling on me.

I wake up in my bed. I look over and see that its 6:30 am. I walk downstairs and see that Jimmy had left a note for me.

Ill be back later. I had to go bail Brian out of jail. Your brother spoke to him and Bri beat the shit out of him. Anyways. Ill talk to him. Love ya
~slim

Oh goodness. Maybe he will convince Brian to be somewhat civil with me.