Chapter 9

At Brian's house

Marley's point of view

"It's good to be home." Brian laughs walking into the house.

"It's great to only be living with one stinky man." I laugh.

"Two." Brians Dad laughs.

"I've missed you dad." I yell and run over to hug him.

"You beat me to it Marl." Brian laughs.

We walk upstairs and get settled. Brian passes out in bed. I need to get my stuff that the guys forgot from my house. I'm not going to tell Brian. He would kill me.

As I start driving to my house. I hear some noise from the back.

"Where are we?" Jimmy asks.

"Well. Good morning sunshine. Were going to my house." I laugh.

Jimmy climbs in the front seat as we pull up to my house.

"Let me get out first." He says.

He gets out and I follow close behind. I give him the key and he unlocks the door. The house is spotless and there's a note on the ground.

Dear Marley,
You can have this house and everything else. Im with mom and dad now. I will no longer cause you any harm. Mom and Dad did that to me as a boy. I guess that was your dose of it. I'm in prison now. So. I love you, Marley Jade Wendt.
-matt

"Oh.." I start to cry and Jimmy pulls me to him.

"It's okay girlie." He says.

I clean my self up.

"So. Uh...."

"Yes, you can live here. We will go by the laundromat and pick your stuff up."

He laughs. "Whoa, you read my mind."

There was a knock at the door and I go to answer it. It's Brian.

"What the fuck? I was worried sick." He yells.

"I was only gone for 10 minutes. I'm sorry. I knew you wouldn't let me come over here."

He slams the door and walks off. I turn to Jim.

"I fucked up big time. Lets go and get your stuff then were going to the store." I walk out and Jim follows.

We do all that we needed to be done and I pull back into my driveway and Brian was there. I park and run to him.

"I'm sorry, Bri."

"It's fine. I brought all of your stuff back. Dad has decided that we are going to move 45 minutes from here. Im only going to be here for practices. Goodbye Marl." He puts his head down and walks off.

"What? Boro?" I cry.

"Don't you fucking call me that." He spats.

"What the fuck did I do Brian?" I cry out.

"You made me carry your problems. You're a lost cause. I can't deal with your bitchy self. I've had enough." He walks off.

I turn to Jimmy. I run inside and let out a scream. I start throwing things. I punch a hole through the wall. How did this happen? We were fine.

"MARLEY. STOP!!" Jimmy says holding me back trying to calm me down.

"Jim, why?" Was all I could manage to get out.

"Sshhhh...we will figure it out. Lets get you to the bathroom so I can fix your hand."

I look down and see my bloody hand. Brian, why? After all we have been through? I need you the most right now. You do this to me? I can't believe it. I've just lost my best friend today. I don't know what else to say. We have gone through good and bad times. But your unconditional love was always on my mind. Maybe he never loved me.