Chapter 21

"Babe. Wake up."

I look over and see Brian and smile.

"It was just a dream." He says stroking my hair.

Suddenly, he turns bloody.

He looks like how I saw him in the hospital.

I jump up.

"Brian." I whisper.

I look next to me to see Jimmy in bed.
I go to get up when I see Val and Matt on a air mattress.

I look at what side I'm laying on and it's Brians side.

I get out of bed quietly and walk into the bathroom.

I look like crap.

Dark circles under my eyes.

My cheeks stained with tears.

Oh yea. Today is his funeral.

I need to look somewhat presentable.

I get in the shower. I think of the day he proposed and how he came in and sang with me. Maybe I'll hear him sing it....oh who am I kidding? He's gone!!!

I get out of the shower and dry my hair. As I brush through it I think of the time on tour he so delicately brushed my hair. I blow dry it and keep it down. I do a little bit of makeup, put on my clothes and leave the bathroom.

I tip toe downstairs and start some coffee.

I make my cup and go to Brian's guitar room.

I sit in his chair. I look at all of his guitars.

I set my coffee down and grab his guitar.

I play my favorite riff of his. I laugh. One time he told me that I should be in the band cause I'm way better than him.

I put his guitar down and I hear someone cough. It was Jimmy.

"Goodmorning." He smiles and takes a seat next to me on the floor.

"We will make it through today Jim. We will be okay." I grab his hand.

"I know Marl. We will be okay." He smiles.

"Are the others awake?" I ask.

"Yea. They're all staying out of our way today. They know how we are. We don't talk much when were upset."

"Okay good." I smile. I get up and Jimmy stops me and hugs me. I wrap my arms around him and let my tears loose.

"You know that riff I played? That was his favorite one I played." I cry.

"I know. He talked about how you were way better than him." Jimmy laughs.

I pull away.

"Aww fuck Jim. I messed up my makeup." I laugh wiping the tears off of my face.