Chapter 1

Marley's point of view

Summer of 1999

"Bye Matt. I'm going to stay the night at Brians! I love you."

"I love you too, Marl. Please ask about me being their bass player."

"Anything for my brother." I smile. I walk out of the house with my bags and drive to Brians.

Its only been Matt and I for a few years now.  My parents decided to leave last year for no reason, its whatever. This year I finally graduated and I can pursue photography. I'm really good. College's have offered me full rides but I know college is not for me. Tonight my best friend Brian is having a party. They say it's because Johnny finally got laid. I don't think thats it. It's a graduation party for me. Im 99% sure it's for me. Brian tries to be sneaky when it comes to things. But I've known him since we were babies. Im basically his twin. My nickname has always been Marl. When we were younger I needed to find a nickname for him. One day I saw his Dad smoking Marlboro. So I started calling Brian "boro." I'm the Marl to his boro. I arrive at Brian's house and his Dad comes out to greet me.

"Hey Marl. Keep these crazy kids in check. It's only you 7. Val is coming too. I love you and make sure the guys don't have too much fun." He laughs.

"I love you too and yes sir. I promise to keep an eye on them." I smile and give him a hug as him and Brian's mom go out.

I walk to the house with my bags and knock on the door. Brian comes to answer the door.

"Marl is here everyone!!" He yells.

I roll my eyes and walk to his room to put my stuff down. When I walk downstairs everyone is silent.

"Uh...hey guys." I say.

"Congratulations!!!" They all yell.

"Now lets celebrate good ole Marl's graduation right!!!" Jimmy yells.

"YEAHHH!!!" We all yell.

I walk towards Brian.

"He did get laid though. It's a double party." He laughs.

"Asshole." I smirk.

"What did you call me?" He raises his eyebrow.

"I called you an asshole." I yell laughing.

Then someone comes from behind me and picks me up.

"Put mw down Matthew Charles Sanders!!!"

"Okay." He says and throws me in the pool.

"Oh its on. Haner and Sanders you're both dead!"

We wrestle till I finally get both of them to fall into the pool. We then got out called a truce and had a few drinks. I may have had a little too much but who cares. Brian starts a bon fire in the backyard and were all talking.

"He so does your brother still want to be our bass guitar player? Johnny is still to young to be in the band." Matt asks.

"Yea he does!!!" I yell at him.

"Fuck yeahhh!!!" Jimmy yells.

"Hey, lets go to the park!" Val says losing her balance.

"The last one to 'the spot' is a loser!" I yell and bolt out of there. I hear Jimmy close behind me.

"Hey Marl. I have to ask you something....wait...look at that duck. Its a fucking stallion duck." He yells.

"He's not afraid!!" I say chasing it.

We both start running after it and we hear the guys laughing at us.

"Come on kids!! Get away from the ducks!!" Matt says scolding us.

I sit on the ground and pout. "No, I'm staying here." I push out my bottom lip.

"Get her Haner." He commands.

Brian comes running after me and I take of running.

He grabs my shirt and pulls me towars him. But somehow I get my shirt off and keep running. Then I bump into Jimmy and he falls down. I fall down too and we start laughing. Brian helps me up and I look at my torn shirt. Oh well.

"Lets get you to the house. You are really drunk." He laughs.

"But I don't wanna walk." I cry.

"Fine. I'll carry you back." He gives in.

Were back at the house and I say my goodbyes to the guys.

"I need a shower." I say.

"Get your ass in the shower then Marl." He steers me to the bathroom and closes the door.

I get out get to see Brian already asleep. I get dressed and get into bed too. Then I hear him clear his throat. I roll over to see his arms open and I go and snuggle into his chest.

"I love you, Marl. I'm really proud of you."

"I love you too, Boro. Thank you."

He smiles and kisses my head. My life is great. I got my brother his gig and I have the bestest friends in the world. I can't wait to tell Matt.